Program Director of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program
King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, PA is seeking its founding Program Director for the entry-level Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program. The Program is an Applicant Program anticipating admitting its first cohort of doctoral students in 2024. This appointment is for a full-time, 12-month position, starting in August 2021. Rank and position type commensurate with individual experience.
The successful candidate will have a strategic vision for establishing and growing the OTD Program, possess the ambition and ability to develop candidacy materials, secure clinical partners, and lead the program to initial accreditation. The teaching load for this position is 30 credits per academic year inclusive of time assigned for administrative tasks. Faculty will be required to engage in service, scholarship, and professional development according to the standards proportionate to rank and position type. The successful candidate will preferably have advanced knowledge of the ACOTE standards and accreditation process.
For consideration, at time of hire applicant must meet ACOTE requirements for the position which include:
- certified occupational therapist who is licensed (or eligible) by the PA State Board of Occupational Therapy
- earned doctoral degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE)
- a minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of
occupational therapy that includes:
- clinical practice as an occupational therapist
- administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting
- scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning); and
- at least 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postbaccalaureate level.
The ideal candidate will have strong evidence of excellence in teaching at the graduate level, the ability to develop the occupational therapy curriculum to meet the needs of our students, and the ability to partner with other department chairs and program directors in the development of a 3+3 accelerated program.
For confidential consideration, please submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
King’s College is a private, Catholic, teaching college of the liberal arts & sciences and professional programs sponsored by the Congregation of Holy Cross. The College serves over 2400 FT & PT graduate & undergraduate students. A rigorous core curriculum provides the foundation for all majors. The College is located in downtown Wilkes-Barre, on the edge of the Pocono Mountains. King’s is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes applications from persons of traditionally underrepresented groups. EOE. The Health Sciences, housed in the state-of-the-art Richard Abbas Alley Center for Health Sciences, has fully accredited Athletic Training, Physician Assistant and Nursing programs, and robust programs in Exercise Science and Nutrition Science.
Apply for Program Director of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Health & Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Occupational Therapy Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Wilkes Barre