Assistant Professor of Business Analytics - School of Business and Economics
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point invites applications
for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Business Analytics
beginning in fall 2021 or spring 2022. The position comes with
Sentry Insurance Endowed Chair in Business Analytics title in recognition of the funding provided by a 2016 gift of $4 million from Sentry Insurance. The gift allowed UW-Stevens Point to launch
an innovative B.S. in Data Analytics in 2017. Along with teaching responsibilities, candidates will
be expected to serve on the Data Analytics Advisory Board, work with the Endowed Chair in
Computing Analytics to expand partnerships with businesses interested in analytics and help recruit for the program. Teaching is primarily related to business analytics and includes the following courses: Introduction to Business Analytics, Introduction to Data Analysis, Marketing Analysis and
Data Visualization. Candidates may have the opportunity to teach in the MBA program and may be asked to teach at branch campuses in Wausau and Marshfield. Although we are a teaching-oriented
department, scholarly activity, professional growth, and university service are required.
- Earned doctorate (PhD, DBA, etc.) in data analytics, business analytics, information sciences, data
science or a closely related area, or ABD with doctorate completed within first two years. Related
areas include business intelligence, information technology, management science, marketing sciences, decision sciences and others.
- Demonstrated ability in R programming language.
- Knowledge of business analytics, data visualization and marketing
- Prior academic and teaching experience in business or data analytics
- Proficiency in Python/SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct scholarly research
- Experience or interest in developing strong relationships with businesses and other partners
- Industry experience in business or data analytics
To apply, click on the appropriate link within the position announcement on the UW-Stevens Point HR job vacancy website: http://www.uwsp.edu/hr/jobs/Pages/
Required application materials listed within the position announcement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Business Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point