Senior Associate Director of Admissions
The Senior Associate Director of Admissions (as one of two senior associate directors) will support the Vice President for Enrollment Management and manage the admissions team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the VP for Enrollment Management with assigned projects.
- Establish policies, procedures, and best practices for the Admissions Office.
- Develop and analyze reports to project enrollment and execute strategies to grow enrollment.
- Enhance and implement a comprehensive communication strategy, including social media, text, email, phoning (student and staff), printed materials and publications.
- Liaison and work with external vendors for events and recruitment strategies.
- Supervise the student ambassador program (20+), campus visits/events, counseling (FTFT/Transfer) and support staff (23), and International Admissions.
- Assist various departments, primarily Financial Aid, with strategies to enroll students.
- Represent Admissions and Enrollment Management interests on various University committees.
- Determine counselor territories by strategically using demographic research, historical data, specialized reports, and current enrollment trends.
- Enhance the review process and oversee the reviewing of files and recommend admission decisions of acceptance, deferral, or denial.
- Counsel students regarding the admissions process, decision and next steps for enrollment (i.e. enrollment deposit, housing, health services, event registration, etc.).
- Serve as the secondary point of contact for prospective students and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner through various mediums of communication.
- Establish and maintain relationships with students/parents, University officials, and outside constituents.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Conduct individual and group appointments.
- Participate in special events.
- Execute and oversee the liaison program between Admissions and assigned departments on campus.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment activities and strategies, continuously recommending changes, and/or enhancements.
- Oversee the arrangements and facilitation of all aspects of off-campus recruitment; to include travel, accommodations, and visits.
- Travel for recruitment is required, including overnight stays.
- Maintain and complete projects, tasks, and communications while traveling; submit travel and activity reports.
- Coordinate with Counselors and Support to ensure scheduled events and office coverage are handled during periods of high travel.
- Serve as a mentor/trainer to new Admissions Counselors.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Uphold and abide by Campbell University policies and procedures, including, but not limited to; Title IX, Information Security, FERPA, and all federal and state mandates.
- It is expected that the selected candidate will be assigned duties to include some portion of the above items based on experience and skill set, and in partnership with the other senior associate director.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
- Master’s degree required.
- Prior experience as the direct supervisor of admissions staff at the assistant/associate director, or higher level.
- Admissions internal promotion for consistently exceeding expectations.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively to all groups through both oral and written channels.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Comprehensive computer skills, with the ability to learn and utilize new and emerging technology.
- Familiarity with Campbell University and its various departments.
- Ability to interpret and explain University rules, regulations, and policies in specific admissions cases; requires attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and standard methods of digital communication, including web/text/chat platforms.
- Familiarity with utilizing social media platforms.
- Demonstrate tact, a positive attitude, courtesy, and discretion in dealing with trustees, faculty, staff, students, high-level university officials, and the public.
- Work independently as well as function effectively in a team and within a diverse group of people.
- Exercise independent judgment in complex, new, and/or stressful situations.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, while paying attention to detail and meeting set deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability, flexibility and a willingness to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity, and the ability to work within the Christian mission of Campbell University.