Vice President of Finance and Operations
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong supervisory, management, and leadership skills. While a background in higher education is preferred, it is not required. S/he must have significant experience with both finance and operations including strategic budgeting and development, information technology (IT), human resources (HR), facilities management, risk management, and procurement and contracts. Other duties may include general oversight of construction and renovation projects, custodial, and food services to name a few. The Vice President for Finance and Operations (VPFO) reports directly to the President and is expected to be a collaborative and contributing member of the President’s Executive Team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a member of the President’s Executive Team and Cabinet.
- Ensures mission attainment and that all divisional expectations are meet.
- Must ensure that information technology including infrastructure, software, networking, programming, helpdesk support, and information security meet all institutional standards.
- Interfaces with Texas State University System (TSUS) staff in the development of system initiatives, rules and regulations, and legislative priorities.
- Allocates or assists in allocation of financial resources to accomplish college educational mission and goals in accordance with established budget processes.
- Collaborates with other TSUS component institutions on shared services and contracts.
- Must ensure campus safety for faculty, students, staff, and the public.
- Provides guidance on hiring policy, practices, and payroll functions for employees.
- Oversees and coordinates new construction, remodeling, grounds renovation, maintenance, and campus-related projects.
- Proficient knowledge of Enterprise Resources Planning systems, and associated applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of direct supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Higher education experience, a master’s degree, and Certified Public Accountant.
Knowledge Of: Proper budget procedures, finance, accounting, payroll, human resources, information technology, facilities, and principles and practices of an administrative organization. Must be familiar with planning, applicable federal, state, local, laws, rules and regulations; and the management of all levels of employee personnel.
Ability To: Independently and in a team perform complex senior level duties with effectiveness, accuracy, and in a timely manner. Must also be able to communicate effectively as well as accomplish all assigned goals and objectives.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Beaumont
- Business & Management Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Beaumont
- Accounting & Finance Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Beaumont
- Executive Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Beaumont
- Other Executive Executive $120,000 - $149,999 Full Time jobs in Beaumont