Adjunct Faculty Member for the College of Business Administration
The goal for each member of the University of the Southwest’s campus community is to consistently live the principles of the mission of the University. The USW mission is as follows:
University of the Southwest is a Christ-centered educational community dedicated to developing men and women for a lifetime of servant leadership by emphasizing individual faith, responsibility, and initiative.
- Teaching at the University of the Southwest adheres to belief in God, in the Bible as the inspired Word of God, in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and in the separation of church and state.
- University of the Southwest strives for excellence in academic curriculum, campus life programming, and student activities in a supportive educational community where freedom of thought and expression is honored and the demonstration of faith in acts of service is encouraged.
- At University of the Southwest, students are instructed and mentored by faculty and staff who demonstrate Christ-centered values and maintain an environment where students can live and work cooperatively, valuing the multiples cultures from which they come; and
- As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
The College of Business Administration at USW is seeking qualified candidates for adjunct faculty positions. An adjunct faculty member supports and advances the University’s mission by providing expertise and experience in the field of business, promoting the academic achievement and personal development of students.
- Manage courses and promote program development.
- Possess professional accomplishments that demonstrate creativity and energy, self-direction, and the ability to work with a highly motivated team.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and a willingness to teach using traditional and distance education technologies.
- Facilitate/teach assigned courses; hyflex undergraduate courses; online graduate courses.
- Respond to student phone and email inquiries within 24 hours (48 hours on weekends).
- Plan, organize, and inform students of course content, texts, readings, assignments, attendance/participation, methods of evaluation/assessment, including grading scales.
- Follow through with all directives handed down by the Dean.
- Submit final course grades to the registrar’s office by the established deadline.
- Use distance education learning platforms and appropriate digital learning resources.
- Encourage and support scholarly activity among students.
- Use technology to enhance teaching, learning, and communicating.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Participate in and develop efforts to recruit and retain students.
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Ensure ADA compliance within classes assigned.
- Carry out all duties with professionalism and cordiality.
Education Experience and Skills Required:
- DBA, DM, or other terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Online teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Possess a variety of work-related skills (e.g., time management skills, collegiality, collaboration, task completion, strong written/oral/technology skills, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task, embrace change, organize, and prioritize.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to work with administrators and other faculty in a community-like work environment.
Education Experience and Skills Preferred:
- Familiarity with Blackboard and other online learning tools.
- University-level teaching experience.
Review of applications or nominees is ongoing. University of the Southwest is an EEO employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send CV and cover letter in addition to the adjunct faculty application documents located on this webpage https://www.usw.edu/About-USW/Employment/Adjunct-Faculty-Application to Brianna Lopez, Operations Director for the College of Business Administration, 6610 N. Lovington Highway #T-20, Hobbs, NM 88240; email@example.com.
Apply for Adjunct Faculty Member for the College of Business Administration
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly