Instructor, Accounting/Finance/Marketing (Tenure Track)
Empowering people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through dynamic, compassionate, and responsible learning experiences.
Title: Instructor, Accounting/Finance/Marketing (Tenure Track)
Date: August 2021 Reports to: Dean, Transfer Programs
Purpose of Position
Teach and assess student learning outcomes in accounting, finance and marketing courses. In collaboration with academic and industry colleagues, responsible for ongoing curriculum evaluation and improvement including continuous course and program assessment. Facilitate student learning outside of the classroom through participation in internship and cooperative education experiences, student development activities, college, and community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following are duties that are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required or assigned.
- Learner-centered Instruction: Teach such courses as financial accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, tax accounting, intermediate accounting, financial management, financial investments, and introduction to marketing. Demonstrate understanding of financial management financial investments, and financial spreadsheet analysis as well current marketing techniques. Continuously assess student learning to maintain and improve course and program curriculum and instruction. Promote learner-centered scheduling, including evening courses, off-campus courses, web-enhanced and web-delivered courses.
- Curriculum Development: Develop and/or revise course(s) in collaboration with academic and industry colleagues. Propose and develop interdepartmental course offerings that meet student needs.
- Technology: Integrate instructional technology as appropriate in the discipline of Accounting, including online and web-enhanced instruction. Willingness to develop and teach online courses if appropriate, ability to web-enhance courses in Blackboard.
- Involvement: Support College-wide initiatives and serve on committees. Mentor and support adjunct faculty.
- Professional Development: Initiate and maintain active participation in professional development opportunities in content areas and in teaching effectiveness.
- Philosophy: Continually strive to achieve the college Mission, Vision and Purposes.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
- MBA/Master’s degree in an accounting discipline, CPAcertification and 2,000 hours of relevant work experience are required.
• Demonstrated ability to teach accounting, finance and marketing courses preferably at a community college.
• Mastery of computer software used in typical business situations is also required.
• Knowledge of Blackboard or other course management software preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to our community college mission required.
PROCESS: The College is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure-track position for Fall, 2021. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Lewis & Clark Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, LCCC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. It is also the policy of the College to prohibit and form of harassment based on an individual’s protected status, such as gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or other protected group status as defined by law. If interested, please contact the Human Resource Department