Senior Director of Philanthropic Communications
The Senior Director of Philanthropic Communications will lead all daily activities of the writing team functions, developing and leading exceptionally written proposals, case statements and editorial content (both print and digital) for Baylor College of Medicine. Reports to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Services.
When you join Baylor College of Medicine, you become part of a dynamic team that continues to shape the healthcare landscape after more than 120 years. Baylor is a key driver of the explosive growth and sustained excellence of the Texas Medical Center (TMC), the largest group of biomedical institutions on Earth. Our world-renowned faculty educate the next generation of health professionals, research tomorrow's cures and treat patients at our co-owned CHI Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and at numerous affiliate hospitals and health centers across the TMC and Texas. We are committed to serving diverse communities in our region and around the world through a wide range of healthcare and educational outreach programs.
Home to the No. 1-ranked medical school in Texas, according to U.S. News & World Report, Baylor is the largest recipient of National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in the state. Our Department of Molecular and Human Genetics pioneered the field and is ranked first in the nation based on NIH support.
Baylor is an open and welcoming environment that values inclusion, collaboration and entrepreneurial thinking. A career at Baylor will provide you with an exciting opportunity to apply and grow your unique talents and skills toward our vision of improving health through science, scholarship and innovation.
- Serves as lead editor, as well as contributor, to key communications, including proposals, case statements, online content and philanthropic publications.
- Leads development of timely, relevant and strategic content budgets, working with staff on assignments and incorporating Baylor College of Medicine’s strategic funding initiatives.
- Provides strong management, coaching, guidance and thoughtful delegation to team members and ensures high quality and accurate deliverables.
- Collaborates with creative services team in development of design to create strategic and engaging communication material.
- Collaborates with departmental leadership and Special Programs team to develop event program content and scripts and ensure strategic priorities are incorporated and consistently messaged to all audiences.
- Leads a growing communication team.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, mass communications, English or related field
- Relevant experience, including team management and in philanthropic communications
- Possess deep knowledge and skills that include: exceptional writing and editing talent, including vocabulary, grammar and style; the ability to organize complex information into cohesive communications; understanding of audience segmentation; familiarity with multimedia communications
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, work with and direct a variety of people, effectively plan, set and adhere to goals and deadlines, lead and motivate a team
- Must be a strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Must be a self-motivated, highly organized manager
- Experience in healthcare industry or higher education
- Fundraising background
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.