Medical Social Worker
The Department of Medicine is seeking an enthusiastic Licensed Medical Social Worker. The person in this position will provide case management to patients belonging to the Transition Medicine and Cystic Fibrosis clinics. This position will assess patients, family, and guardians and/or caregivers to obtain history pertaining to medical diagnosis, familial patterns, and social environment. The Social Work team splits their time between seeing patients in clinic and following up on patient care items that are routed via phone, email, MyChart and InBasket within Epic.
- Interviews patients, family, and guardians and/or caregivers to obtain history pertaining to medical diagnosis, familial patterns, and social environment.
- Assesses each patient during initial contact (New Office Visit).
- Assesses patient's Anxiety and Depression using the PHQ-9 and GAD-7 questionnaires on a regular basis.
- Provides documentation on all encounters with patient via Epic.
- Arranges transportation for patients to physicians' appointments for patients that may need to be transported by ambulance and/or other methods.
- Contacts DME/Home Health Agencies, Case Managers, MTM/Metro Lift, Counseling Agencies, etc. to secure services and resources for patients.
- Uploads paperwork and forms to the Media tab within the patient's Chart in Epic as needed.
- Confirms patient's insurance and benefits are up to date and active. Helps patients navigate insurance/benefits as they arise.
- Follows up on patient care items that are routed via phone, email, MyChart, and Inbasket within Epic.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling or in a related field.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker (LBSW) or Licensed Master's Social Worker (LMSW) by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners (TSBSWE).
- Master's degree in Social Work from a school approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston