Tutor - Part-time
READING TUTOR PT
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
The part-time Tutor bridges the gap between the college and the needs of the student. This position also helps students make academic progress, while promoting independent learning and self-reliance. A Reading Tutor provides students with tutoring and instructional support in academic, technical, or career courses with respect to critical thinking and reading comprehension, text analysis, and information retention, supporting their academic growth while promoting independence and self-reliance. Reading Tutors also assist students in developing and improving their overall competency in course work; and help students integrate and apply effective study skills, active reading and note-taking, test-taking strategies, and time management and organizational skills to their specific courses.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by staff.
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned students.
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative projects .
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree or certification in Reading, Literacy, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Consideration will be given to candidates who do not have a
Bachelors degree but possess technical certification(s) necessary
for the subject being tutored.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work
with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago