Events Project Manager
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Events Administrator Position's Functional Title Events Project Manager Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire an Events Project Manager for the University Events Office ( UEO ). The University Events Office is dedicated to creating and strengthening support for the university, colleges and departments by providing event management services, and facilitating the effective and efficient use of university resources. The Events Project Manager is an innovative, team-oriented individual who is responsible for assisting and/or leading the planning, staffing, and tactical execution of commencement, administrative, college, alumni and advancement related programs and events. The Events Project Manager should be able to manage others on long-term or short-term timeframe as relevant to each project. The Events Project Manager alongside the Director of UEO is responsible for ensuring a high level and consistent image of the University in all public events. The ideal individual is both diplomatic and innovative, fosters strong and collaborative working relationships, and is familiar with Governors State University’s ( GSU ) strategic plan.
The Events Project Manager will serve as the key point person for all commencement, university sponsored events, anniversary and milestone celebrations, dedications, groundbreaking, and fundraiser related events, activities, programs and logistics.
• Assist with the recruiting, training and supervision of appropriate event staff, marshals, faculty, volunteers and crew; supervise temporary and/or work/study employee.
• Oversee technical run-throughs and provides a live presence on event dates. Schedules
rehearsals; provides guidance on non-technical (non- ITS ) front-facing aspects of event staging and delivery.
• Communicate with event sponsors regarding protocol and established procedures. Establish and maintain relationships with all vendors, attend regularly scheduled meetings,
participate in conference calls and trainings, solicit participation in activities such as Salute to Grads; coordinate and process all quotes, invoices, etc.
• Collaborate as appropriate with Marketing and Communications team; process and maintain specific information, registration and/or databases; participate in post event wrap up and evaluations, capturing learnings and recommending continuous improvements to events
• Organize and execute administrative aspects of program and/or event operations.
Manage timelines and central calendars; assist with coordination of related documentation with key committee members and departments; manage expenses (venue, food, entertainment, technology, security); assist in the development of web analytics, dashboards, and metrics which provide quantitative analysis of program and event outcomes; implement and administer
approved budget for designated programs and/or events.
• Perform job-related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of college policy and procedures.
• Stays well informed regarding event management, advancement developments.
• Completes miscellaneous clerical functions, research, reports, and memos as requested.
• Proactive Leader – works well without close supervision and demonstrates initiative.
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
Salary Range: $45,006.00 to $56,000.00.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration, Student Affairs, or a closely related field.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of professional work experience in Events Planning, Conference Management, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or any other related field.
3. • Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Higher Education.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Event Planning, Event Management or Institutional Advancement.
• Master’s degree in Event Management, Marketing, Business or Institutional Advancement.
• 3-7 years of fund raising experience (non-profit, for-profit or higher education, etc.).
• 2-5 years of supervisory experience.
Ability to work across all central units to provide event management and logistical support.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of faculty, students, vendors, contractors, external community members, and staff in a diverse community.
• Excellent computer skills; including proficiency in use of spreadsheets, power-point, databases and word processing software.
• Demonstrated success in event or project management and proven knowledge of industry tools like event, Zoom, GoToWebinar, TEAMS, etc., platforms.
• Exhibit confidentiality, professionalism and maturity.
• Work well independently as well as a member of a larger team.
• Ability to learn university policies and procedures.
• Ability to monitor and reconcile departmental budget and track office expenditures.
• Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements,
procedures, and available resources.
• Highly organized, detailed oriented and strong ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize
multiple projects; ability to work well under deadlines.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and display good judgment; investigate, analyze information and run reports.
• Knowledge of facilities, technology, and equipment.
This position will supervise temporary and/or work/study employees.
Posting Date 04/06/2021 Closing Date 04/20/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0507P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5896 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts. 2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details). 3: Cover Letter. 4: Resume. 5: A list of three Professional References (We will only contact your references if you are a finalist).
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214 / DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Documentation must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Do you have at least three years of experience in an
environment which involves strategic planning, organizational
development or dealing with all levels of an organization?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have experience in event planning and implementation?
- 0-1 year
- 1-2 years
- 2-4 years
- 4+ years
- Please describe experience that you have in a work environment,
which involves high level event development/planning and execution,
office management, budgeting, developing reports and etc., dealing
with all levels of an organization?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have scheduling experience with 25Live? Please be
specific with describing experience with event scheduling, managing
system upgrades, developing test plans and maintaining of security
(Open Ended Question)
- Please be specific with describing experience with event
scheduling, managing system upgrades, developing test plans and
maintaining of security of system.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have demonstrated experience in the area of project
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest