Director, Health Services
Skidmore College is seeking a compassionate, energetic and team-oriented Director of Health Services with a start date of June 1, 2021. This is an outstanding opportunity for a clinician/administrator who values working collaboratively and who has strong leadership skills and a high degree of interpersonal sensitivity and effectiveness. Skidmore College Health Services is committed to providing student-centered, effective, compassionate and holistic health care to a diverse population of undergraduates.
The new Director will provide leadership, supervision and strategic planning to an experienced multidisciplinary staff . The Director of Health Services is an integral part of Skidmore’s Division of Student Affairs and the Health and Wellness (H/W) Leadership team and serves on Skidmore’s Emergency Management Team as well as the Advisory Board for SCEMS (Skidmore EMS). Core responsibilities include: strategic planning, staff supervision, ensuring that all legal and ethical guidelines and standards of care related to health care service delivery are met, coordinating health related communication and data management systems and active involvement in cross-campus collaborations aimed at improving well-being for all Skidmore students. The Director of Health Services also maintains close contacts with community partners, including Saratoga County Public Health Services, Saratoga Hospital and local clinical referrals.
The successful candidate will be able to create and foster egalitarian collaborations among staff in Health Services with regards to prioritizing student - centered patient care. Additionally, a successful candidate will possess up to date expertise with regards to college health issues, public health planning and response to community - based health issues , as well as a deep knowledge of the impact of systemic racism on healthcare delivery and individual and population health outcomes . They will hav e demonstrated commitment s to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion in all administrative and clinical practices. They will lead by listening and have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as experience in crisis response, both at an individual and community level.
Current New York license (or license eligible) to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or M.D. and a minimum of three years of clinical experience required.
- Administrative Responsibilities include: maintaining up to date policies and procedures, quality assurance, fiscal management, data collection, management and analysis, ensuring all clinical staff training and certifications are up to date, delineating scope of practice parameters, oversight for health care record keeping and immunization record tracking. Ensures all state and federal guidelines are upheld and best practices (both clinical and administrative) are upheld.
- Strategic Planning: Maintain up to date data related to key campus health variables, analysis of trends and utilization moving forward, enlisting core constituencies and partners in ongoing strategic planning and analysis, setting measurable and concrete goals with ongoing assessment and refinement of goals, annual reports.
- Staff Supervision: Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising the work of a multi-disciplinary clinical and administrative team. Writes and updates Position Descriptions as needed. Regular supervision of HS personnel and annual performance evaluations. Checks professional licensure status, references and credentials. Organizes and delivers in house trainings 2/yearly and participated in planning and delivery of H/W cross training 4/ year. Establishes guidelines for accountability, productivity and professionalism within HS.
- Leadership within H/W, Student Affairs and across Campus: Core member of H/W Leadership team. Member of Skidmore Emergency Management Team. Member of Student Assessment and Intervention Group. Part of accommodation review committee. Visible and engaged across campus as a resource regarding student health issues. Liaison regarding holistic health related issues across campus departments, including: FYE, Opportunity Programs, Summer Programs, etc. Actively engages with campus partners to develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive holistic health initiatives that incorporate social justice concepts and principles.
- SCEMS Advisory Board Member. Supervises SCEMS Operating Manager, communicates regularly with SCEMS Medical Director, provides guidance and direction to SCEMS Student Chief and Deputy Chief. Assists OM in managing student personnel issues.
- Clinical Work: Provides culturally sensitive and clinically appropriate assessment and treatment of patients by appointment and as triaged. Responsible for regular after-hours on call coverage (by phone). Links students with community provider referrals, follows up as needed. Ensures timely and appropriate clinical documentation to meet standards of care. Provides psychoeducation regarding health/wellness issues. Provides clinical supervision and consultation as needed and requested.
- Public Health/Community Partners Liaison: Maintains close contacts with community partners, including NYSDOH, SCPHS, Saratoga Hospital and Saratoga County Emergency Services and the local, state and national college health community. Plans for coordinated and cohesive response to community health issues. Member of Skidmore’s Emergency Management Team.
- Communication: Develop materials related to Health Services, community messaging around health/wellness issues, communications with families and concerned third parties within the boundaries of confidentiality. Materials may be used in ongoing ways and may also be developed during times of crisis for immediate communication to our community regarding specific health related emergencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience
Required documents needed to apply:
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs