Communications and Content Coordinator (16944)
The Communications & Content Coordinator is responsible for Key communications materials, updating and maintaining the Key website and social media outlets, and creating and maintaining the Key alumni database. Work with the Assistant Director to advance the organization's communications strategy, including increasing the Key brand awareness and supporting the programmatic work of the office, such as ensuring alignment of communication deliverables with various current initiatives. She/he is also expected to coordinate with Key staff to ensure consistent messaging across all platforms. This position interacts and collaborates with representatives of SPA, UCM, and other AU departments, as well as external partners and vendors associated with the communication and special programs efforts of the Key Programs.
1. Content Creation & Management
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop, produce (including writing and design), and distribute electronic and print communication materials including Key news, diversity council, faculty and coach articles for the Key website, quarterly newsletter, and impact report.
- Work with Assistant Director to produce and review internal and external communications products, and develop and maintain the Key brand through traditional and social media
- Develop a website plan and support Key website communications by maintaining and updating information sometimes on a weekly basis. The incumbent will manage website content such as course schedules, course descriptions, faculty and FAQs, alumni resources, international programming, and other relevant pages.
- Develop and maintain the Key prospective and current student and alumni database.
- Manage and creatively use Key’s social media channels and the Key communication monitor in the Spring Valley building.
2. Social Media and Media Relations
- Implement and evaluate the communications and social media strategies on multiple online platforms to all Key programs and Key branding.
- Manage and creatively use Key’s social media channels to promote Key’s special events programs and initiatives.
- Manage and creatively use communications content to promote Key programming such as news stories, blogs posts, features, web content and other electronic communications.
- Attend and promote Key Executive Leadership Programs at graduate information sessions, professional development fairs and trade shows, signature speaker series, annual conference, etc.
- Assist with the development and management of website content such as special event programs alumni resources, international programming, and other relevant pages.
3. Other Duties Assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Coordinator/Analyst A
- Funding for this position is contingent on external funding and tuition revenue generated from the Key Executive Leadership Programs.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, communications, or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience - At least three years of demonstrated communications and media relations experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in an educational environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – including Microsoft Project.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite for design purposes
- Experience using electronic and social media to achieve communications goals.
- Knowledge of current communications and event tools trends including: Google Chat and Docs, Eventbrite, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, and Survey Monkey.
- Experience working with and maintaining databases and information management systems.
- Experience creating communications and event plans and executing those plans through a variety of methods and media outlets.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take information and transform it into interesting and useful messages, and disseminate them to the right audiences through the most effective distribution channels.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting goals and milestones on a fluid timeline.
- Understanding of branding and the development of an organizational voice.
- Experience working with a range of media outlets and demonstrated ability to garner earned media.
- Familiarity with online communications platforms and content management.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.