Assistant Professor of Higher Education Leadership
Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University of Saint Louis is seeking a dynamic colleague with higher education leadership and teaching experience to join our expanding team of faculty. The successful candidate is someone who demonstrates a commitment to teaching excellence, teamwork, and exceptional service to students and the university.
This 11-month, 30-credit hour tenure-track Assistant Professor position offers an opportunity to teach online courses in an innovative, cohort-based, practitioner-oriented, doctoral (Ed.D.) program in higher education leadership.
Responsibilities include teaching, supervising and advising dissertation research, actively participating in the growth of the program, and service within the University. Remote employment is a possibility.
This position will teach in our on-campus summer research residency and in online courses throughout the year based on their individual expertise. Listing of current courses: https://catalog.maryville.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=20&poid=3480 .
The doctoral program is a year-round program and summer teaching is expected as part of the 30-credit hour, 11-month contract.
The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff and students.
• Earned doctorate in higher education leadership or administration
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education leadership
• College level teaching experience
• Experience advising diverse students and/or teaching diverse students
• Demonstrated experience in teaching graduate students
• Effective online teaching, advising dissertation projects, and commitment to practitioner- scholar research.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial graduate transcripts must be attached to complete the application process.
Candidates should articulate in their cover letter their philosophy of teaching and advising in a practitioner-oriented doctoral program.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: April 06, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur