MSN APRN Clinical Coordinator
Working Title MSN APRN Clinical Coordinator Department School of Nursing Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The College of Health and Human Services is seeking applications for one full-time, non-tenure track MSN APRN Clinical Coordinator. NKU is built on core values that emphasize multidimensional excellence, learner-centered education, civic engagement, multiculturalism, innovation, collegiality, and collaboration across disciplines and professional fields.
NKU has a strong commitment to trans-disciplinary education and the School of Nursing is located in the Health Innovations building, which offers opportunities for academic innovation and initiatives to influence the health of the region.
The position reports to the School of Nursing Program Director.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The position will begin May 1, 2021.
The Department of Nursing invites applications for MSN APRN Clinical Coordinator position for the School of Nursing available beginning Summer 2021. Faculty responsibilities include:
Specific responsibilities include:
• In conjunction with the Concentration Coordinators, interviews perspective clinical faculty and lead clinical faculty for APRN clinical courses
• Ensures that clinical faculty and lead clinical faculty have adequate orientation and current clinical expertise for the clinical faculty role
• Collaborates with Concentration Coordinator to assign clinical faculty to courses
• Ensures completion of preceptor and clinical site evaluations
• Consults with the Concentration Coordinators to provide input into the evaluation of clinical faculty, if needed
• Promotes clinical faculty professional development
• Provides regular updates to nursing leadership including Associate Director of Graduate
Program, MSN Program Director, and Clinical Coordinators about student clinical experiences
• Completes preceptor credentialing for students; refers questions to Concentration Coordinators as needed
• Provides orientation and professional development to preceptors
• Collaborates with the Preceptor Recruitment Team on potential preceptors and clinical sites
• Ensures students have adequate orientation, up to date compliance, and a current clinical plan prior to each clinical course
• Prepare clinical forms for students required by clinical agencies
• Ensures clinical curriculum meets MSN Essentials, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty, and specialty organization standards
• Ensures the education integrity of the clinical program in the clinical sites
• Provide support and data for accreditation materials
• Utilize Medatrax for full clinical experience
• Clinical teaching as needed to meet program needs
• Other duties as assigned.
• Is evaluated and supervised by the Associate Director of Graduate Nursing
• Communicates program issues to the MSN APRN Concentration Coordinators, MSN Program Director and Associate Director of Graduate Nursing
• Communicates expectations and program changes to lead clinical faculty, clinical faculty and students
• Communicates with compliance team regarding contracts and compliance of students, preceptors, and agencies
• Communicates with preceptors, facilities, the Board of Nursing, and community stakeholders regarding clinical programs
• Communicates with MSN APRN Concentration Coordinators regarding the programs of study
• MSN with Advanced Practice Certification in a nurse practitioner specialty required; Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field preferred
• Minimal of 2 years of clinical practice experience as an APRN
• Previous academic teaching experience in the online format preferred
• Must possess a valid unencumbered registered nursing license and advanced practice license
• Familiar with the clinical requirements for MSN students
• Familiar with and/or ability to manage computer programs related to MSN clinical programs
• Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education MSN Preferred Education Doctorate
Requisition Number 2021F526 Job Open Date 03/23/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10120 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Diversity Statement