Professor of the Practice and Associate Director of Media Labs
The Department of Communication is seeking an Assistant Professor of Practice to serve as the Associate Director of the College of Arts and Science new Media Labs. The ideal candidate will be able to teach courses focused on Media Creation and Communication Studies that are relevant to his/her/their skillset and training, that also complement existing media offerings. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Work collegially with faculty across media-focused programs, including Communication, Journalism, Film, and Broadcast
- Contribute to the growth of the interdisciplinary Sports Media degree
- Advise undergraduate students
- Work collegially with the Director of the Media Labs
The ideal candidate would have:
- Professional media experience that complements academic experience
- A record of strong teaching
- At a minimum, an advanced degree; terminal degree preferred (MFA or PhD)
- Academic experience that demonstrates a willingness to engage with our Jesuit mission and a larger liberal arts institution.
About Fairfield University:
Fairfield University is a co-educational, comprehensive Jesuit university with a 200-acre campus located along the scenic shoreline community of Fairfield, CT. The University is comprised of approximately 3,500 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students pursuing degrees within 5 schools: The College of Arts and Sciences, The Charles F. Dolan School of Business, The School of Engineering, The Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing and Health Studies, and The Graduate School of Education and Allied Professions. As an expression of our Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity, Fairfield embraces a liberal humanistic approach to education, encouraging critical thinking, cultivating free and open inquiry, and fostering ethical and religious values.
Review of applications will begin immediately; for full consideration all material must be submitted by April 15, 2021.
For full consideration, please click "Apply Now" and upload the following materials:
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of application
- statement of teaching philosophy
- examples of syllabi
- example teaching evaluations
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Academic - Faculty Non-Tenure Track
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to email@example.com