Alumni Relations Program Specialist
The college is pleased to announce an opening for an Alumni Relations Program Specialist, a valuable opportunity for professional growth within a team deeply invested in supporting this person’s development and success.
The Alumni Relations Program Specialist will collaborate closely with all members of the Alumni Relations (AR) staff on the organization and execution of alumni and undergraduate programs and events. Whether on-campus, off-campus or virtual, the AR Program Specialist will have direct involvement in and ownership of varied aspects of reunions, alumni fall weekend gatherings, homecoming weekend, and regional programming. In addition, the AR Program Specialist will maintain oversight of affinity group programming and will collaborate with staff and campus partners in this work to advance the goals of becoming a fully inclusive community. The Program Specialist will manage a diverse group of both undergraduate and alumni volunteers involved in these projects through training, guidance, and direct engagement. Strong technical acumen will be required to navigate the tools and resources used in AR in support of alumni, including social media, website maintenance, event registration, virtual event facilitation, project management systems, invitations and other marketing pieces. The AR Program Specialist will be an active member of the professional staff and will be fully integrated into policy and programming discussions and decisions.
This position could provide a powerful stepping stone for a career in Higher Education.
Undergraduate and Young Alumni Experience
- Support of existing programming and events that further AR strategic goals, including the Bicentennial of the Society of Alumni
- Manage undergraduate and young alumni initiatives
- Proactive engagement with volunteers and campus partners in process
- Partnering with Alumni Fund colleagues to develop and implement programming for undergraduate and young alumni engagement
- Empower and manage volunteers to support AR office efforts
- Cultivate and identify undergraduates for volunteer positions
Oversight of Affinity Engagement
- Oversight of the execution of affinity-based programs in partnership with AR colleagues
- Coordinate with campus partners to generate initiatives
- Develop yearly calendar of programs through research and proactive outreach with departments, sports teams and clubs
- Create guidelines and training tools to support campus departments and affinity groups
- Management of retiring faculty initiatives
Support of Alumni Relations online resources and social media outlets
- Support of alumni online and social media resources including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others
- Manage and support of online programming for virtual engagement
The AR Program Specialist will have the opportunity to work on a broad array of programs. Collaboration with colleagues, AR and otherwise, will require navigating the range of work styles which permeate any professional setting. This person will be on the front lines of the creation and implementation of offerings to all AR constituencies. This includes alumni and undergraduate volunteers, management of whom is a learned and nuanced skill.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Current college seniors are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to organize events is helpful. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary for success. Must be able to adapt to use of technological systems utilized by all OCR departments.
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish program and event goals with appropriate supervision. Need to be able to report on program and event outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary for all aspects of work. Collaboration with Alumni Relations, OCR, and a range of campus partners is a fundamental priority.
- Needs to be able to act independently to solve last-minute problems that may arise in the course of event and program planning.
- Must have an understanding of, and appreciation for, engagement of diverse constituencies in all aspects of the work.
Occasional travel and work on weekends is expected. This is currently a fully-remote position; once permitted in keeping with public health practices, this position will be headquartered with an office on the Williams College campus.
Application review will begin on May 4, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Pay begins at $17/hour, commensurate with experience. Job Group 19. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with easy access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff, and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown