Alumni Fund Coordinator
This highly varied and exciting position provides emerging professionals or recent graduates the opportunity to gain broad experience in higher ed fundraising and analysis of engagement and philanthropy. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Alumni Fund Coordinator will gain hands-on experience in a wide variety of areas related to undergraduate engagement, alumni relations, and fundraising, with specific in-depth work related to students, social media, and donor stewardship and the analysis and efficacy of existing programs. This position is a way for recent alumni to learn about the college from the inside-out, while gaining valuable professional skills in fundraising, communication, marketing, volunteer management, negotiation, data analytics, and event-planning.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Collaborate closely with all Alumni Fund staff members on the organization and execution of programs and events for volunteers, donors, prospective donors, and students
- In partnership with colleagues, contribute to strategy and programming around undergraduate engagement, student philanthropy, and young alumni philanthropy, including, but not limited to the annual Ephpreciation event, the development of volunteer tools and resources, the senior class gift efforts, and social media presence.
- Analyze results and program performance; actively participate in data-driven policy and programming discussions and decisions.
- Work and learn alongside a highly dedicated and motivated team, including both staff and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree, current college seniors are encouraged to apply
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and computer skills, including competency in Excel
- Technical skills are required to engage with the tools and resources provided for alumni online engagement including social media, website maintenance, event registration forms, email marketing, and data analysis.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team, and enjoy working with varied constituencies of a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and experiences
- The ability to problem-solve and meet deadlines and goals with limited oversight, coupled with the self-awareness to know when to ask clarifying questions or request assistance
Currently a fully-remote position with some evening and weekend work required; once permitted in keeping with public health practices, this position will be headquartered with offices on the Williams College campus, and some travel will be required
Application review will begin on May 4, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Pay begins at $17/hour, commensurate with experience. Job Group 19. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with easy access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff, and curriculum. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.