Pipeline / Recruitment Program Specialist
University Code 35224 University Title Senior Student Services Specialist 1 University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Pipeline / Recruitment Program Specialist Position Number R55240 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Dentistry Admissions Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Pipeline Program Development
• Develop, plan, manage and implement daily activities of three summer enrichment programs and two academic year enrichment programs, to include arranging seminars, courses, workshops, speakers and other related events.
• Develop schedule of program activities and assure it is communicated to all participants.
• Provide student support for teaching assistant and volunteer participants in the SoD summer pipeline programs.
• Ensure SoD’s compliance with VCU Youth and Minors On-Campus Policy.
• Assist in identifying and developing new programs that will enhance and expand the school’s applicant pool.
• Increase the emphasis placed on program development for K-12 students and collegiate seniors.
• Maintain liaison with other programs at VCU to accomplish objectives to leverage resources and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced.
• Regularly communicate with students who have completed the pipeline programs in order to update personal data and to provide support via in person, phone, email, mail, etc.
• Collect and sort applications and assist in the review and selection of pipeline participants.
• Provide managerial support to the School of Dentistry and Interprofessional Pipeline programs.
• Recruit applicants for various Pipeline programs from surrounding communities.
• Provide follow up and tracking data on applicant success.
• Develop and follow through on a data modeling and data visualization program to assist with maintaining long-term data on all pipeline program participants.
Admissions /Recruitment Support
• Coordinate DENS 101 for VCU pre-dental students with the course faculty.
• Liaise D.5 students from matriculation until they join the D1 class.
• Serve as the liaison for Doctor of Dental Surgery ( DDS ) and Dental Hygiene (DH) student organizations to assist with programming activities and participation.
• Set-up and attend workshops, meetings, events, orientation and trainings. Set-up includes but is not limited to preparing sites, agenda, materials and collecting sign-in sheet and evaluation forms.
• Manage arrangements for student recruitment events and advisor workshops and assist in producing outreach materials.
• Manage campus visits and conduct Open House events.
• Manage the IDP Bench Test Preparatory Course for International Dentists including receiving registrations, room registrations, communicating with registrants, organizing faculty schedules for instruction and grading, course materials, and registrant accommodations, etc.
• Perform administrative duties related to the design and implementation of the bench test preparation course.
• Assist and conduct pre-dental student advising utilizing the Office of Admissions process and protocol.
• Meet with individual students to create an academic plan that meets and/or exceeds the requirements for admission to dental school.
• Aid recruitment efforts by counseling prospective students on the important cognitive and non-cognitive aspects of an Associated American Dental Schools Application Service application ( AADSAS ).
• Devise and implement advising scheduling tool.
• Serve as liaison to pipeline data management unit and prepare program related reports as requested by the Associate Dean of Students.
• Strategically manage the Doctor of Dental Surgery ( DDS )/Pipeline programs social media presence across a variety of platforms.
• Coordinate public relations and outreach activities to include preparing and supervising the production of newsletters, promotional materials, fliers and responding to inquiries.
• Assist with fiscal compliance through accurate tracking and documentation of Admissions/Recruitment program-related budget expenditures.
• Assist with development of annual fiscal reports and budget reconciliation activities.
• Process travel authorizations for admissions/recruitment office. Ensure accurate financial reporting.
The person in this position will be provided opportunities for professional development by attending American Dental Education Association ( ADEA ) and other national organizations which give workshops and webinars for the field of admissions and recruitment.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1+ years’ experience advising and recruiting
• Minimum 1 year of experience developing, managing academic programs and tracking data
• Comprehensive knowledge of approaches and issues in dental education/practice
• Excellent writing, proofing, formatting skills and preparing reports
• Experience coordinating public relations including preparing newsletters, fliers and promotional materials
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Familiarity with higher education environment
• Work independently and meet clear and established metrics and recruitment goals
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Ability to travel for evening and weekend work will be required
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree
• Related combination training and/or experience
• 1+ years’ experience in program development and project management
• 1+ years’ experience with database management, recording and tracking of data
• Experience handling student application process and matriculation using computerized database
• Experience working with International students
Required Licenses/ Certifications
• Valid driver’s license
Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Application Process/Additional Information
Candidates must apply to this position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com to be considered for position R55240.
For further information about this position, you may contact School of Dentistry Human Resources at email@example.com.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 04/06/2021 Posting will close on or before 04/19/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104381 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond