Post Doctoral Fellow (College of Medicine) - (STA007172)
Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization. Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Posting Information:
The Humana Integrated Health System Sciences Institute at the University of Houston (UH) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work on academic-industry research projects using claims data from a large healthcare payer. By leveraging the UH’s substantial, existing research enterprise and an academic-industry partnership with Humana Inc., the Humana Institute is poised to lead healthcare transformation locally, regionally, and nationally and address the interrelated social, economic, and environmental factors that contribute to disparities. The fellow will have opportunities to collaborate with research partners, participate in field research activities when possible, conduct data analysis, lead manuscripts and presentations, and develop grant proposals and research designs. The position is a one-year appointment based at the University of Houston College of Medicine and is renewable depending on performance and funding.
Essential duties include:
•Conduct research that includes but is not limited to analysis of data from recently completed or ongoing Humana Institute projects
•Contribute to and lead manuscripts based on empirical research
•Working on new projects by contributing to protocol development
•Communicating research to a broad spectrum of stakeholders through conference presentations
•Assisting in the development of new proposals
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.No experience is required.
•Ph.D. in health services research, economics, psychology, public health, or related fields (ABD accepted too)
•Strong capabilities in quantitative data analysis with fluency in Stata and/or SAS
•Research experience on topics related to health outcomes and healthcare costs
•Experience analyzing claims data (preferred)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston