Director, College IT Infrastructure & Data Analytics (College of Medicine) - (STA007188)
Director level oversight and functional support and analysis for College of Medicine (COM) in the areas of training, data management and analytics, software and hardware; web services and centralized technical support.
- Responsible for oversight of all COM information technology infrastructure, initiatives, and staff.
- Responsible for ensuring HIPAA compliance within COM.
- Provides hardware and software technical support for a wide range of complex computer systems in COM.
- Provides technical and administrative support for COM information systems, to include documentation.
- Creates and analyzes standard and ad-hoc queries and reports.
- Maintains day to day responsibility for information security management of the COM.
- Resolves complex system issues, including telecommunications, reported by College of Medicine and end-users.
- Assumes project level responsibility for planning, evaluating, installing and maintaining data systems.
- Performs database administration for COM and manages reoccurring data build processes.
- Collaborates with college faculty to implement information technology support services in support of scholarly and academic mission of the college.
- Recommends and implements policies and best practices, and assists in the creation and maintenance of college IT budget.
- Coordinates training, support and documentation for technology applications used by staff in support of the college's mission.
- Represents the college on committees, university-wide task forces, and national conferences.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Posting Information:
Leads and manages the information technology (IT) function for the College of Medicine. Interfaces with leadership, faculty and staff to define requirements for information technology solutions for the College. Provides leadership to improve IT processes and develop IT team capabilities. Uses effective operational understanding and people management skills to drive results and influence technology decisions within the College and in coordination with University IT (UIT). As the Information Security Officer (ISO), responsible for the compliance of IT security, to minimize risk, undue IT security threats and vulnerabilities at the College. Ensures appropriate tracking and management of key performance indicators. Must be a self-starter with consummate customer service skills ready to lead by example.
Education: Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of directly job-related experience. Requisite experience must include at least 6 years within healthcare, clinic or hospital.
Notes to Applicant: Laurajohn
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston