Adult Education Program Coordinator I
Posting Number AS187P Position Title Adult Education Program Coordinator I Contract Length N/A Class Summary
Develops, coordinates, and implements relevant Adult Education program requirements; Create, provide, and offer pathways for Adult Education students into college based vocational/degree plans. Interpret, monitor and report students’ progress in meeting their academic/career goals as outlined in the Adult Education’s strategic plan.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Grant
Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
- Adult Education programs and courses;
- Business software programs;
- Use of computers and related software application programs;
- Excellent Communication, interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact well with coworkers, immediate supervisor, and the general public;
- Good Organizational Skills.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Valid TX Driver’s License
- Implement initiatives to attract and retain targeted Adult Education student populations.
- Works with targeted student populations and/or their families to inform them of the educational possibilities at COM .
- Collaborates with schools to enhance access to COM services and programs.
- Identifies and assists the College to address emerging issues, concerns, or barriers facing targeted student populations and/or their families.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with COM staff and develops a communication network with other college departments for providing college support services to targeted student populations including admissions, advisement, career planning, and financial aid.
- Identifies, represents and communicates the College’s programs and services to the general public by participating in community events as pertains to the Adult Education program.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records and submits reports to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Provides input in the development of the annual budget.
- Perform general office duties that include, but are not limited to, receiving visitors and phone calls; scheduling, attending, and coordinating meetings/appointments; operating a personal computer and peripheral equipment; responding to e-mails, and other functions as required.
- Distributes and posts information in the community.
- Create/Maintain relationships with community partners in support of the Adult Education program.
Frequent walking and standing.
Positions in this class typically require stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Minimum Salary Range $42,172 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $52,715 Posting Open Date 04/05/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2412 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of relevant
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City