Student Teacher Supervisor
Student Teacher Supervisor
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The University Supervisor observes and documents the teacher candidate's
demonstration of professional competencies relative to the Massachusetts
Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Professional Standards for
Teachers and also serves as an advocate and additional resource for the student and
school. Working closely with the cooperating teacher, the University Supervisor
supports the teacher candidate's developing practice.
To meet this important goal, the supervisor should:
- Be familiar with the policies, expectations, evaluations, and
tasks of the student teaching experience
- Schedule, facilitate & participate in the required number
of meetings with the
clinical triad (student teacher, cooperating teacher, and supervisor)
- Provide verbal and written feedback in a timely
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork, assessments, and
- Work closely with classroom site and teacher to integrate or
University curriculum and school philosophy
- Monitor teacher candidates' progress & provide
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Field
- Identify areas of concern
- Attend orientations and other scheduled meetings
- Demonstrates related supervisory knowledge of both the subject
the methodology of teaching
- Master's degree in education
- Minimum five years teaching &/or administrative
- Experience in urban & underserved schools preferred
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/503059