Visiting Assistant Professor
Visiting Assistant Professor
Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
Adelphi University invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor position in the School ofPsychology for a one-year term, beginning Fall 2021, with a potential for renewal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Teaching in the School of Psychology M.A. and PsyD. Programs.
- Student mentoring and advisement.
- Program development and related program responsibilities.
- Development of research/scholarship in a substantive area related to school psychology.
- Supervising student research.
- Identification as a school psychologist and practical experience in the field are highly valued.
- Evidence of expertise in multicultural school psychology in teaching, clinical skills and supervising graduate students in the field is required.
- Interest and experience in working in urban, multicultural and multilingual settings are highly desirable.
- Individuals with expertise/scholarly contributions in the areas of psychoeducational assessment, instructional assessment, and/or neuropsychological evaluation are encouraged to apply.
- Adelphi is committed to hiring a diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and underrepresented groups.
- Qualified candidates will possess a doctoral degree in Psychology, preferably in School Psychology.
- Be certified or eligible for certification as a School Psychologist in New York and licensed or eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in New York.
- Possess two or more years of teaching experience within a graduate school psychology program.
- Possess a record of scholarship in area of specialization.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their qualifications and areas of scholarly interest/activity, curriculum vitae, a Statement of Teaching, and a Statement of Research.
- A list of three professional references with complete contact information should be provided as well. References will not be contacted without the candidate's prior permission.
- Informal inquiries concerning the position are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Ionas Sapountzis at 516-877-4743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2475