Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity:
Under the direction of a Postdoctoral Research Associate, the Research Technician will participate in natural product drug discovery projects to discover novel compounds active against various bacterial pathogens. Work will also focus on troubleshooting and running a novel high-throughput pathogen detection method.
● Conduct experimentation necessary to meet the goals of the projects.
● Assist in experimental design and troubleshooting.
● Maintain laboratory in a clean and safe manner.
● Maintain well documented laboratory records.
● Perform basic lab maintenance tasks such as ordering laboratory reagents and small equipment, preparing media solution, using sterile technique, and keeping detailed lab records.
● May report research activities at monthly lab meetings.
● May train and instruct less experienced personnel.
● Bachelor's degree in biology or a related field.
● Previous microbiology experience is essential: culturing bacteria, pipetting, aseptic technique.
● Must have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
● Ability to work individually and in groups.
● Commitment and the willingness to work occasional irregular hours; some weekend flexibility will be required.
● Previous molecular biology techniques and cell culture experience is desired.
● Experience with HPLC, LC/MS, NMR desired.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/502689