Athletics Event Staff
Athletics Event Staff
Job Number: 264309
Location: CA 94556, CA
Department: Athletic Department
Closing: 11/11/2021 12:00 AM Pacific
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary's offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary's reputation for excellence, innovation, and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning, and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
- Reporting the the Associate Athletic Director for Operations or the the Assistant Director of Athletics for Media Relations, Athletics event staff aid in setting-up and break down of facility for athletic events, ticket sales and/or media table responsibilities, such as running the shot clock, keeping score book, running the scoreboard and other game day responsibilities as needed.
- Maintain and create an atmosphere of safety and appropriate fan participation.
- Provide assistance to fans or staff when needed or asked. Enforce College policies at all times.
- Recognize and assist people who may need medical attention and contact necessary assistance.
- Observe student behavior, de-escalate conflicts for escorting students in and out of the event, requesting assistance if needed.
- Monitor areas where the event is taking place.
Experience and Qualifications
Conflict management skills, event management experience, strong interpersonal skills and reliability required.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
College policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Saint Mary's College annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Saint Mary's College Report, please go to the Public Safety website at http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/public-safety/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report-0. To request a paper copy please call Public Safety at (925) 631-4284. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Please apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/stmarys