The Director, Communications within the Advancement team at Chicago Booth is responsible for building and maintaining a best-in-class marketing and communications approach that serves more than 55,000 alumni, donors, and friends. The Director is responsible for building, activating, and evaluating strategic marketing and communications plans and tactics for Advancement partners and constituencies. The Director is also responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of communications professionals, both directly and indirectly, in creative and production efforts to ensure team and partner goals are achieved.
This position is based in Chicago.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for defining, developing, directing, and evaluating the overall vision of the advancement team’s marketing and communications strategy.
- Developing, and consistently evaluating, a sustainable and proactive communications strategy and activation plan for each of advancement’s seven primary partners (Alumni Relations, Annual Fund, Donor Relations, Events, Global Advancement, Leadership Engagement and Initiatives, and Principal and Major Gifts.)
- Manage a team of professional marketing and communication staff responsible for marketing of events, programs, and special initiatives primarily within advancement, and also select projects within Booth and the broader University
- Oversight of teams original content development, email communication strategies and deployment, social media strategies, leadership communication along with web strategies and maintenance
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of Booth’s campaign communications plan.
- Collaborate regularly and intentionally, and serve as the primary point of contact, with Booth Marketing, University ARD Communications, University Communications, and other Booth and University partners.
- Consistently evaluate the overall and individual team marketing and communication strategies to ensure they remain aligned with both annual and long-term goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in communications, marketing, or business strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of progressive growth and direct experience in a marketing/communications position required; higher education or advancement strongly preferred.
- Proven experience developing, leading, and motivating a team required.
- Demonstrated experience working with both internal and external partners required.
- Experience working in a campaign required; managing campaign communications and strategy preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working in, or strong knowledge of, CRM, CFP, and email marketing platforms.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills required, characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well, with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to self-motivate and work well with and through others required.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
Interested candidates should apply directly to the University of Chicago job board. Only applicants that apply directly to the job board will be considered for the position. If the link does not send you to the job posting, please copy and paste into your web browser. Thank you for your interest in The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business!
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information, please see the University’s Notice of Nondiscrimination. Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.