Assistant Director, First Year Experience
This position is responsible for guiding the success, transition, retention, and academic development of university students through the implementation of First-Year Experience programs and initiatives.
- Recruitment, admission, and advisement of Dual
Enrollment students (40%)
- Recruitment of dual enrollment students.
- Process admissions for dual enrollment students.
- Provide academic advisement to dual enrollment students.
- Process dual enrollment funding applications.
- Advises students. (20%)
- Provides academic advisement to students.
- Creates and modifies schedules for incoming freshmen.
- Assists students with course selection, registration, and schedule revision.
- Monitors and tracks advisee progress.
- Maintains correspondence with advisees concerning appointments and other matters.
- Refers students to campus and community resources.
- Processes drop/add forms, withdrawal forms, registration, name changes, and changes in programs of study.
- Develops and supports procedures for identifying at-risk students.
- Assists students with changes in majors.
- Work collaboratively with Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and other related to departments to provide holistic student advisement and support.
- Collaborate with university constituent groups to advance Momentum Year priorities.
- Responsible for student retention through intentional outreach initiatives, intrusive advising, and academic partnerships.
- Oversees and manages programs and services related to
Career Readiness. (20%)
- Coordinates programs and services focused on career readiness.
- Administers Focus 2 Career Readiness Assessment.
- Assists in creating, implementing, and monitoring high-impact education programs for students.
- Implements, monitors, and assesses innovated practices focused on best practices for student success.
- Provides administrative support for international
student services. (10%)
- Processes student records and documents for international students including immigration documents, I-20, for the issuance of F-1 student visas.
- Maintains student information in the student information database (SEVIS).
- Performs a variety of related duties. (10%)
- Including but not limited to new student orientation, STORM Day, registration days, and Parent/Family programs.
- Keeps abreast of current best practices related to First-Year Experience and academic advising.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and implements continuous best practices related to student development, diversity and inclusion, and student engagement.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of federal, state, USG, and university policies and regulations as they relate to student engagement and success.
- Serve as an instructor for an academic renewal course when necessary.
- Master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field required.
- More than five years of related experience required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Americus
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Americus
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Americus
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Americus