Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
William Paterson University invites applications for adjunct faculty within the College of Science and Health, Department of Nursing.
Applying for a faculty position at William Paterson University does not guarantee a position or an interview. Please do not contact the College Deans or the Department Chairs. Instead, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please note that you may be contacted within weeks of a course start date. Feel free to apply even if you are out of the NY/NJ area as some of our courses are in person and a growing number of courses will be online. Please be sure to indicate areas of clinical expertise and teaching experience that you may have. Opportunities to teach undergraduate and graduate are available.
Clinical courses may be available in all specialties: Fundamentals, Community Health, Medical-Surgical, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Psychiatric, and Advanced Practice Nursing.
Didactic and online courses maybe available. Those generally taught by adjunct faculty include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Cultural Foundations in Nursing
- Leadership & Professional Nursing Practice
- Nursing Research
- Population Health, Legislative & Social Policy
- Role of Advanced Practice Nurse
- Theoretical Foundation of Nursing
The Department of Nursing offers degrees at the BS, the MS, and at the post-masters and DNP level. The programs are committed to preparing nurses to deliver culturally sensitive, caring, and competent nursing care to diverse clients in a variety of settings. Graduates of the baccalaureate, master's, post master's and doctor of nursing practice degree programs are encouraged to pursue life-long learning to effect and enhance self-development, professional growth, critical thinking and leadership.
For more information about the department, please visit https://www.wpunj.edu/cosh/departments/nursing/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using the course outline as a guide, develop relevant syllabi in order to deploy course content, objectives, and methods of student assessment for up to eight (8) credits per semester in an undergraduate or graduate course.
- Contribute to student success by providing consistent and effective support and guidance through role modeling and mentoring
- Teach in person (didactic and clinical) and/or online depending upon course schedules and department needs.
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- RN license or eligible – State of New Jersey
- Doctorate in nursing or related field.
- Certification in a specialty area
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate teaching in didactic (online or on campus) and clinical settings
- Recent clinical experience in specialty
Personal Attributes and Traits:
- Thrives in a collegial, cooperative environment
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and stay on task
- Dedicated to excellence and achieving positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability create an inclusive classroom in a diverse environment
- Capacity to fulfill professional responsibilities with a strong sense of ethics and obligation
Invitation to apply:
Please click to view the description and apply for the position.
Interested candidates should:
- Complete an online application
- Submit a curriculum vitae/resume and cover letter
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public
university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic
Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been
designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving
Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be
designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The
University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic
programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to
pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls over 9,000
students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The
University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in
Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.