Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid
Rivier University in Nashua, NH, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Financial Aid.
The Director administers the operational, financial, and personnel functions to accomplish the University’s financial aid and enrollment management goals and objectives. The Director will provide expertise and knowledge of best practices and leadership in guiding a model operation.
The Position: Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Director is charged with developing effective staffing and technology systems which provide timely and accurate information to undergraduate and graduate students and other constituents related to financial aid: managing and overseeing the distribution of student financial aid in accordance with all federal, state, and institutional regulations; overseeing daily processing of student financial aid; completing federal, state, and institutional reports; and coordinating office activities with the other campus departments and external agencies. The Director provides overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of the University’s Office of Financial Aid, including, but not limited to, financial aid processing and disbursement, financial counseling, database management, reporting and auditing. The Director is also responsible for:
- Providing leadership and supervision to professional, clerical, and part-time staff that assures a student-centered approach to financial aid administration;
- Determining all student financial aid awards for undergraduate and graduate students based on eligibility and the availability of funds;
- Refining and implementing systems to enhance technology across all areas of financial aid packaging, awarding, and student communication while maximizing service contracts and technology support from both internal and external sources;
- Coordinating with the Director of Student Accounts a detailed calendaring system to ensure timely communication with students and their families;
- Working collaboratively with the Vice President for Enrollment Management to develop and implement financial aid leveraging and packaging strategies;
- Developing and overseeing office budget and other financial aid budgets;
- Estimating long-range needs for financial aid funds and submitting applications to federal, state, and other granting agencies, as appropriate;
- Ensuring the training and support of staff members in the financial aid office, including cross training of staff and supporting the goal of a paperless office;
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in staffing and student recruitment and retention initiatives;
- Administering, monitoring, and interpreting all federal and state financial aid regulations on a continual basis and advising campus constituents on any legislative changes and potential impacts;
- Demonstrating compliance for all financial aid audits related to federal and state regulations, and NCAA guidelines for a Division III athletic program;
- Complying with all external reporting requirements including the FISAP and Program Participation Agreements.
Qualifications: Candidates Should Have the Following:
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred;
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid in a higher education setting at the Assistant/Associate Director level;
- Three years of supervisory/leadership experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered services;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective collaborative relationships;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and higher education ERP;
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and CAMS preferred.
Rivier University and Nashua, NH:
Rivier University: Rivier University is a four-year, Catholic institution that welcomes students from all backgrounds and provides a transformative and supportive educational experience.
Located in Nashua, New Hampshire, Rivier was founded by the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary and Sister Madeleine of Jesus in 1933. Throughout its history, the University has been dedicated to providing a learning environment that educates the whole person—mind, body, and spirit. Graduates excel professionally, academically, and in service to their communities.
The Rivier Mission and Values: Committed to the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, the University educates the whole person in the context of an academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. This community supports the intellectual growth of all its members while offering them opportunities for social, cultural, moral, and spiritual development. The challenge to the University community is to search for truth through the dialogue between faith and reason.
Rivier creates an environment in which integrated learning is the shared responsibility of students, faculty, staff, and administrators, and is pursued in all the curricular and co-curricular programs of the University.
Nashua, NH: Nashua, a city in southern New Hampshire, has a population of 89,000, the second-largest in northern New England after nearby Manchester. Along with Manchester, it is a seat of New Hampshire's most populous county, Hillsborough. Built around the now-departed textile industry, in recent decades Nashua has been swept up in southern New Hampshire's economic expansion as part of the Boston region. It was twice named "Best Place to Live in America" in annual surveys by Money magazine. It is the only city to get the No. 1 ranking on two occasions - in 1987 and 1998. Go to the official Nashua, NH, website to learn more about it: Nashua, NH | Official Website
Application and Nomination Process: All correspondence relating to the position of Director of Financial Aid should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
All Applications Must Contain the Following Items:
- A cover letter outlining your experience and expertise as it relates to The Position;
- A complete resume highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials;
- The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission)
Applications submitted by Monday, May 10, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran or marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.