Assistant Provost for Institutional Clinical Education and Partnership
CDU Strives for EXCELLENCE! Join a team of diverse professionals and start your career today with Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. We are seeking extraordinary and dedicated individuals to achieve the mission that drives us all: to cultivate diverse health professional leaders are dedicated to social justice and health equity for underserved populations…. As a member of CDU faculty, or staff you’ll achieve EXCELLENCE in a welcoming community of passionate medical school professionals.
At CDU we are seeking a talented Assistant Provost for Institutional Clinical Education and Partnership.
The Assistant Provost for Institutional Clinical Education and Partnership is responsible for nurturing and building new clinical partnerships and relationships for CDU, in the context of variable levels of clinical partner readiness to serve as an excellent training site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a database of current and potential clinical partners for CDU training programs.
- Identify and track respective catchment areas, leadership teams, owners and the political and economic drivers of care for each partner.
- Know the educational oversight/leadership structure for each clinical partner and meet regularly with the respective educational and administrative leaders at each of the clinical partners.
- Be able to understand the individual needs and differences of the clinical partners so that CDU adds value to our clinical partners and measures/evaluates the impact of partners serving as clinical training sites.
- Attend to the needs of partners to allow CDU to understand areas that require investment towards creating a robust training environment.
- Conduct clinical training research and evaluation to ensure benefits to clinical partners are realized.
- Meet regularly with CDU senior leadership, Deans and program directors to be able to broker/represent the training needs
- Broker the relationship between the clinical partners and the respective CDU leaders by setting up meetings to introduce key personnel at CDU and ensuring that CDU program leaders understand the contextual issues for all potential clinical partners.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Master’s or Professional Degree (terminal degree preferred). Current or former certification or licensure (unencumbered - without disciplinary action) in a clinical profession is considered an advantage.)
- At least 3 years of administration and leadership in clinical training programs.
- Knowledge of health systems in South LA (Preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
For more information and to apply, https://jobs.cdrewu.edu/postings/3950
At Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, our employees' well-being is important to us. CDU continues to offer generous health and wellness benefits to help employees stay healthy and provide financial protection against high medical costs. The program incorporates a variety of benefit plans from which employees can choose. The following summary provides a brief overview and high-level summary of the benefits that may be available as a member of the faculty or staff working at least 20 hours per week in a regular or conditional position at Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science. For more information, visit https://www.cdrewu.edu/academics/facultystaff/Offices/Benefits
Charles R. Drew University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Los Angeles