The Postdoctoral Associate are trainees working in an apprenticeship capacity in preparation for a career as a scientific professional. Motivated candidates with a goal of developing a successful career in biomedical research are encouraged to apply. This research project is to develop novel next-generation disease-targeted therapies to treat diabetic vascular complications, neonatal eye disease, age-related neurodegeneration in the eye and cancer. The research activities involve in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry and animal studies. No experience is required. Preferred qualifications include productive publication record in peer-review scientific journals and research experience in molecular and cellular research and/or animal studies. We will provide additional training in specialized research skills for high-throughput profiling, animal studies, mechanism research, drug target discovery and development. The ultimate goal of our research is to develop novel disease-targeted drug therapies to treat ocular vascular diseases and cancer.
Department of Ophthalmology (bcm.edu)
Ophthalmology Lab (bcm.edu)
- Plan and conducts cell biology and molecular biology experiments and animal studies.
- Analyze data and write manuscripts and reports.
- Develop new experimental protocols and procedures.
- Organize laboratory operations.
- Supervise research staff and organize laboratory operation.
The following research activities will be performed:
- Laboratory research to investigate disease mechanisms, etc. - 55%
- Animal research, etc. - 40%
- Organize lab, review inventory and order supplies - 5%
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston