The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking candidates for the Clinical Ethics Summer Internship Program. This program is designed to provide candidates the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the fast-paced field of clinical ethics. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to shadow clinical ethics consultants with two high-volume clinical ethics consultation services, participate in research and teaching opportunities, and gain exposure to one of the preeminent bioethics Centers in the country.
For more information about the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics. If you have any questions about the internship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Four weeks of clinical ethics consultation shadowing with hospital partners in the Texas Medical Center.
- Participation in key meetings with hospital partners including ethics committee meetings, case conferences, grand rounds, and other relevant meetings.
- Involvement in bi-weekly group reading discussions with Center faculty members.
- Support for Center research projects including literature search and data analysis.
- Potential teaching and writing opportunities commensurate with the intern's experience and expertise.
- Must be a High School or College Student (undergraduate or graduate).
- No experience required.
- Current undergraduate or graduate (Master or Doctorate) students in a related field.
- Demonstrated interest in a career in bioethics or clinical ethics.
- The Clinical Ethics Summer Internship Program will select up to 2 summer interns.
- The eight-week summer program will begin mid-May and end early July.
- This is an in-person opportunity in Houston, Texas.
- Eligible applicants must be current undergraduate or graduate students with bioethics-related career goals.
- This is a paid opportunity that requires an average of 18 hours
of work per week. The stipend does not cover other expenses such as
housing or travel.
- Applicants must provide:
- Current resume or CV.
- One personal statement (1-2 pages) that describes your goals and expectations for the Clinical Ethics Summer Internship Program.
- Two references.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.