Senior Research Assistant
A position is available in the Mouse Disease Modeling Unit of the new Center for Precision Medicine Models at the Baylor College of Medicine. The unit and center support researchers in the production and phenotyping of precision mouse models of human-disease-associated genetic variation. The position will perform complex, responsible research work of an advanced nature requiring high-level skills and expertise; use their own initiative in planning and completing advanced research experiments in accordance with general directions from the principal investigator. This position will be responsible for conducting and coordinating studies of precision mouse models and must be proficient with molecular biology techniques and comfortable working with live mice.
• Communicates well in a team setting.
• Plans, directs, and conducts research experiments.
• Documents, evaluates, analyzes, and reports data.
• Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
• Trains and supervises less experienced research staff.
• Searches the literature.
• Helps to prepares animal use protocols and publications.
• Performs alone (and where necessary under supervision) experiments using basic molecular and cellular biology techniques.
• Performs alone (and where necessary under supervision) mouse phenotyping procedures such as diet challenge, glucose tolerance tests, and blood collection.
• Coordinates studies with core facilities.
• Helps maintain a mouse colony.
• Helps run the lab by ordering and stocking products and by assisting with equipment maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field will be considered in lieu of two years of the required experience.
- Experience working with mice.
- Experience in molecular biology.
- Experience in cell / tissue culture.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston