Research Coordinator II
Seeking a Research Coordinator II to work with families affected by rare disease and genetic mutations. Seeking a motivated and responsible individual who wants to join a dynamic team using genomics and genetic research to solve unsolved medical mysteries for families.
Work involves contacting and meeting with families via phone or video visit or in person within a clinic setting, explaining study procedures to families, scheduling and coordination of visits including aiding the family in how to travel to the study visits, working with a physician to obtain informed consent from the family and study subject, and working with physicians and genetic counselors in conducting the research. The research involves the use of genomics to bring diagnosis to families who are undiagnosed.
Position is located in the Duncan Neurological Research Institute (DNRI) building.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Experience in clinical or biomedical research or biotech industry.
- Prior study coordination experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston