Enterprise Systems (ES) is a unit within the Division of Information Technology at Virginia Tech. Enterprise Systems supports the mission of the university by developing, coordinating, and managing application software systems that provide critical information services for university constituents. Business Application and Integration Services (BAIS) is seeking motivated individuals interested in using technology to solve business problems within a dynamic and evolving technical environment.
The Application Engineer is a T-shaped technologist with a deep understanding of application and data integration coupled with broad knowledge of modern software development.
• Research, architect, build, maintain, and enhance integration and business process management (BPM) frameworks, models, and tools for delivering services across the enterprise
• Work as part of a team to deliver modular, highly decoupled, and scalable applications, and application integrations
• Evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements
• Understand how systems interact to provide business value, considering both the upstream and downstream impacts on the business process
• Provide support to other ES units in their application and integration initiatives
• Strive to understand business processes and be able to apply this understanding to operational improvement initiatives
• Communicate effectively with a broad range of users about information technology issues
• Create and maintain accurate documentation
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• Demonstrate progressively complex experience architecting, implementing, deploying, and maintaining sophisticated software solutions
• Experience delivering solutions using modern development and design methodologies in one or more modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, SpringBoot, React, etc.
• Demonstrated experience developing RESTful web APIs and modern web applications
• Experience with modern build, code control, and deployment tools such as Maven, Git, and Docker
• Exposure to working within a Unix/Linux environment including BASH or KORN shell scripting
• Strong relational database knowledge
• Exposure to advanced application architecture and development concepts such as low code programming, service oriented architecture (SOA), and BPM.
• Experience developing and documenting business requirements, design specifications, use cases, or test cases
• Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with functional stakeholders, including senior leaders, and technical professionals
• Experience leading one or more software development teams
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience with one or more advanced BPM systems such as Appian, Boomi Flow, PegaSystems, AgilePoint, Bizagi, etc.
• Demonstrated experience using Scrum or Kanban project management in a production IT environment
• Experience with business process analysis and process redesign
• Experience with business processes and applications supporting higher education
• Experience developing native mobile applications or progressive web applications
• Experience with Blackbaud CRM
• Experience with Ellucian Banner
• Experience with Microsoft T-SQL or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Experience with Oracle PL/SQL
Commensurate on Experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Kessler at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 5, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg