Adjunct Instructor - Health Information Technology (HIT)
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (HIT)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking adjunct instructors to teach Health Information Technology. If you have passion for teaching and learning and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the students in critical thinking and problem-solving.
The Health Information Technology (HIT) program at Malcolm X College offers an introductory career-focused educational path into the healthcare industry. This program is designed for students who aspire to become healthcare professionals in the Health Information Technology (HIT) career field, this includes professional opportunities for Medical Coders and Billers. The program is designed to prepare students to successfully attain professional coding certifications, such as the Certified Coding Assistant, (CCA), through the American Health Information Management Association and the Certified Coding Professional, Apprentice (CPC-A) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). Upon completion of the Health Information Technology (HIT) Associate’s Degree Program, students will be prepared for job opportunities within the healthcare industry.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Present effective instruction to students based upon approved course syllabi.
- Assess and grade students based upon legitimate assessment factors.
- Maintain and submit student attendance records and student grades.
- Hold one hour of student conference time per week for every course section taught.
- At least 3 years of experience (combined teaching, trainer and occupational) in the health information technology field
- RHIT/RHIA credential in the health information technology field is required
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System or similar Learning Management System, preferred
- Prior experience with online teaching (via Zoom) and/or online teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students, required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college
When applying, please attach your unofficial transcripts and include any scholarship work, publications, committee work, and other relevant engagements in your cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago