Evening Circulation Assistant
- Provide front line public service in the evening hours* and
close the building securely at the end of each shift. During the
academic year, shifts are 5:00 pm to 1:00 am Sunday to Thursday
evenings (1 hour dinner break), with some 6:00 pm to 2:00 am shifts
at busier times of the semester. Summer shifts are typically 3:00
pm to 11:00 pm. When residence halls are occupied, the ECA is
designated as essential and may be called upon to work when the
campus is otherwise closed, such as inclement weather.
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Scribner Library has modified hours of operation. Until we return to normal operations there is a need for the following work schedule: Monday to Friday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Supervise student staff workers during evening
- Provide a conducive educational and work environment for all
students using the library in the evenings.
- Monitor the library for safety concerns, coordinating with
Campus Safety as needed. Communicate urgent building issues to
Facilities and Housekeeping.
- Participate in regular Circulation team meetings.
- Collect and convey data to Circulation Team.
- Maintain the stacks and work on special projects as
- May assist with patron record management, billing, and other general circulation duties as assigned.
Physical Work Environment
This is an office-based position that typically involves occasional lifting, reaching, bending, and other similar physical activity. Skidmore College is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Associate’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years progressively responsible experience, preferably in a public service environment
- familiarity and comfort with information systems and technology
- strong communication and organizational skills
- demonstrated commitment to Lucy Scribner Library’s Mission and Skidmore College’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
$18.00 per hour commensurate with experience. Internal candidates should contact Nancy Bruno with any individual pay rate questions.
Required documents needed to apply:
- On-line application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Saratoga Springs