New Venture Challenge Program Manager
CU Boulder Chancellor Philip DiStefano declared “CU Boulder’s ambition is to be one of the nation’s top entrepreneurial universities. We want to establish CU Boulder as the go-to public university for entrepreneurship, startups, and innovation.”
CU Boulder launched a campus-wide innovation and entrepreneurship initiative in the Fall of 2016. In less than five years, the campus has come together and achieved significant breakthroughs and a cross-campus entrepreneurial mentality. The Research and Innovation Office is encouraging applications for a a collaborative and upbeat New Venture Challenge (NVC) Program Manager for the Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) Initiative.
The NVC Program Manager will serve as the lead for the campus’ flagship New Venture Challenge competition and support other key I&E initiatives. This position is highly visible to faculty, staff, students, and the community, and success is dependent on the (1) ability to team with multiple partners, and (2) resourcefulness to drive and execute multiple workstreams and tasks.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Boulder’s Research & Innovation Office (RIO) is the central point for support and advocacy for CU Boulder’s world-class scholarship, creative work, and research.
NVC, CU Boulder's outstanding, cross-campus entrepreneurial program and competition, connects the CU Boulder campus with the Boulder community to develop and fund innovative ideas. Participants attend year-round events, network and collaborate with mentors to refine their ideas and form startup teams to pitch for funding (up to $100,000!) at the NVC Championships.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
New Venture Challenge Strategy, Planning & Execution
- Collapse the CU Boulder Campus
- You will connect with faculty and staff across campus to plan & execute the NVC, formulate strategies, and test new ways of running the competition for continuous improvement.
- You will manage communications to recruit students to engage in the program and develop content for marketing messages. You will support marketing execution including social media channels and the NVC website.
- Identify gaps in campus connections and find ways to recruit non-engaged students and departments.
- You will track engagement and identify ideas to help improve the program year over year.
- Connect the Campus and the Community
- Work with over 200 community member volunteers to support the NVC in various roles including speakers, judges, mentors, and sponsors.
- You will develop repeatable processes to recruit, place, and nurture relationships year over year.
- Find new ways to engage our community and showcase Boulder’s outstanding innovation ecosystem.
- Have Fun & Inspire Entrepreneurial Experiences
- Establish pre-competition programming to nurture teams and their venture, giving them the tools and resources needed to compete.
- Plan and resource the competition ‘season’, ensuring that all details are established and communicated across working teams.
- Identify new and innovative leadership models to run the competing teams.
- Once the competition season begins, you will manage all competition rounds from start to finish, focusing on every detail to make each event a rich learning experience for teams. You’ll lead aspects from eligibility to communications, mentoring relationships to event management.
- Find ways to nurture the teams after the competition, and inspire them to continue on their innovation journeys.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative Support
- I&E Mentor Program
- You will work with the broader I&E team to support the cross-campus mentor experience including database and contact management.
- Other I&E Programs
- You will support key programs including the planning and management of the Student Innovation Action Team, Entrepreneurship Living and Learning Community, and others.
What You Should Know
This position will start work remotely, with the expectation to support in-person work when the campus is able to support it.
What We Can Offer
The hiring range for this position is $62,000.00-$79,200.00 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience (an advanced degree can be substituted for work experience.
- Experience and ability to make decisions and work with minimal supervision.
What You Will Need
- Project and program management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional projects, programs, and teams.
- Ability to strategically problem solve.
- Ability to handle multiple details, work steams, and partner expectations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to ensure completion in a timely manner to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Solid organizational skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Prior experience working with cross-functional partners and teams.
- Project management & event management experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 12, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder