CU Upward Bound - Math Lecturer
CU Upward Bound (CUUB) is above all a college preparatory program, so the role of the instructor is central to the success of our Summer Academic Institute. CUUB serves low-income and first-generation high school students from Native American reservation communities in NM, AZ, UT, CO, and SD. We seek instructors who can help our students grasp course content effectively and find the confidence to see themselves thriving in a college context. CUUB Instructors must be authorities in the content of their course, but more importantly they must also enact a pedagogical philosophy that aligns with the mission, vision, and values of CUUB and be attuned to the specific needs, strengths, and cultural backgrounds of our students. CUUB is currently seeking Math Instructors for the following subjects: Geometry, Algebra 2, and Pre-Calculus.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Upward Bound is a Federal TRIO Program designed to motivate and support students from disadvantaged backgrounds, supplementing their existing education, and preparing them for academic success at all educational levels. Upward Bound provides opportunities for students to prepare for college entrance, succeed in pre-college performance, and ultimately achieve success in higher education pursuits.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Instructors must attend the class you are hired to teach and are responsible for classroom management, grade entry, and lesson planning.
- Instructors must submit syllabi to CUUB Directors one month prior to orientation. Instructors are responsible for supervising their assigned Instructors Assistants (IAs).
- On a weekly basis, Instructors must: attend one Study Hall session (Study Hall takes place Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:00-8:00 PM MT), attend weekly staff meetings, and submit a Feedback & Observation form. Instructors report directly to the CUUB Director.
What You Should Know
- The summer 2021 Program will be virtual from June 12th - July 23rd.
- You will be required to attend a week long orientation before the start of the program.
What We Can Offer
$3,800.00 contract to teach the summer course(s).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Innovative. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in or related to the field of the course being taught.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the content area of instruction.
What You Will Need
- Ability to use zoom and google classroom.
- Ability to create an inclusive virtual environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- The ideal applicant will have prior teaching and/or tutoring experience.
- Have prior experience with the Upward Bound programs and/or similar TRIO like programs.
- Have experience working with Indigenous and/or diverse populations in an educational setting.
- Enact the CUUB mission, vision, and values throughout the summer: www.colorado.edu/cuub/about/mission-vision-values .
- Experience developing math curriculum and lesson plans
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by 4/15/2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Cassie Sando
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org