Shipping and Receiving Handler
The University of Colorado Boulder and Housing and Dining Services is seeking applicants for a Shipping and Receiving Handler! This position exists and is primarily responsible for receiving goods, ensuring accurate storage and rotation of product. Reconciles all invoices to ensure physical delivery of products matches quantities and amounts on the invoice. Maintains receiving and storage areas organization, cleanliest and sanitation. Inventories products, goods and small-wares. Responds to last minute changes and requests by the department for timely distribution/transportation of goods and equipment to the dining halls or other on- and/or off- campus locations on an occasional basis, utilizing department vehicle. Provides a clean, safe, comfortable work environment for all faculty, student, staff and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Receiving and Storage:
- Ensure that all shipments received are free of damage, accurate and if required, temperature controlled.
- Coordinate, prioritize and adjust daily receiving activities to ensure products are put away in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate rotation of stock and that all goods are stored in appropriate area and secure.
- Use computer and communication skills to ensure accurate notification of damaged shipments and incorrect invoicing to immediate supervisor.
- Offer excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ensure any last minute changes requested by immediate supervisor are completed.
- Ensure a clean safe working environment for all faculty, students staff and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Ensure goods are delivered at accurate temperature.
- Use PPE and practices accurate lifting techniques.
- Ask for assistance when vital.
- Ongoing daily cleaning and maintenance of facility to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Supervise cold storage areas for proper temperature.
- Report issues or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Serve on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment.
- If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Assist in inventory of goods, products and supplies.
- Enter inventoried quantities into computer (FSS).
- Daily observation and communication with Operations/Production Manager regarding any products that have low turnover, have been over purchased or are soon to expire.
- Make determinations to move inventory to various or varied storage locations as vital.
- Perform daily cleaning and sanitation of storage areas to include but not limited to: Dry storage, cold storage, and receiving areas.
- Assist other facilities as vital and performs other tasks as delegated by immediate supervisor.
- Participate in Campus Dining Services special events as requested.
- Operate company vehicle to deliver goods to department facilities as requested.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position is $28,788.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Courageous. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- One year of experience in warehousing, handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of goods.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain commercial motor vehicle (CMV) license, including CDOT physical/medical card, and successful completion of the University of Colorado's Safety Training Program within 90 days of employment to operate vehicles crucial to the position.
- Servsafe certified and/or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
What You Will Need
- Ability to work in extreme cold conditions for extended periods of time (PPE provided).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A strong understanding of the flow of food from purchasing to, ready to prepare state.
- Knows and can recite proper receiving temperatures as well as appropriate storage areas for goods and products.
- Can prioritize stocking/shelving activities to ensure that proper product temperatures are maintained.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Servsafe certified.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. Optional: A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by April 19, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder