Development Coordinator - College of Arts & Sciences (12836)
The College of Arts and Sciences Development Coordinator provides administrative support to the CAS Development office and serves as a liaison to the Dean's Office of the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). The Development Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of fundraising events and activities. The Development Coordinator will also serve as a liaison to the Office of Campaign Engagement on regular recognition and engagement of current donors. This position is also responsible for processing donations for the College of Arts and Sciences and donations and memberships for the AU Museum. In addition, the Development Coordinator assists the College of Arts and Sciences Development team by providing research on donors and prospects in preparation for meetings, as well as for campaign and event briefings.
1. Administrative Support:
Provide administrative support to the Assistant Dean of Development and Director of Development, including coordinating travel arrangements, research for high level donors and prospects, coordinating the creation of briefing materials, submitting travel reconciliations, and maintaining calendar schedules. Generate gift thank-you letters on behalf of the CAS Development Officers and provide notification of new gifts to appropriate offices and department heads, and monthly gift reports to select departments.
2. Event Planning and Execution:
The Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of CAS Development focused events in preparation for the overall campaign. This includes, but is not limited to, events during All-American Weekend, CAS Advisory Board meetings, the annual Curator’s Circle Celebration for the AU Museum, and new upcoming events that will support the overall campaign. For these events, the Development Coordinator will establish who the top attending prospects are and create research profiles on these individuals for the CAS Development team and the Dean.
3. Solicitation and Stewardship:
Serve as liaison between the College of Arts and Sciences and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. Under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Development, serve as liaison with the Office of Campaign Engagement to coordinate targeted solicitations for annual gifts, follow up on solicitations, maintain active stewardship of current donors, and support the CAS Development office in managing prospect portfolios to the point of gift solicitation. In accordance with CAS and Development communication plans, fulfill alumni and donor list requests from non-Development units to ensure data integrity, proper use of donor lists, and adherence to standards set by the CAS Development office and the CAS departments.
4. College of Arts and Sciences Board and Campaign Committee Support:
Provide support and stewardship for the College of the Arts and Sciences Advisory Board and execute bi-annual CAS Advisory Board meetings as well as Campaign Committee support and planning. This position will coordinate meeting logistics, prepare needed materials necessary, keep and track minutes for meetings, and distribute new member packets, letters, and welcome packets as new members join. This position will also ensure all promotional materials are up to date and will coordinate material creation with the appropriate parties in preparation for the overall campaign.
5. Other duties as needed or assigned by Assistant Dean of Development.
- The worker normally performs their job indoors in an office environment.
- The worker may be required to travel.
- The worker may be required to work evenings and/or weekends.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Specialist A
- Periodic night and weekend work required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
- Two or more years of successful experience in a higher education setting
- A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, and the ability to analyze and articulate reasons for giving
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of gift processing procedures, research, and data management is required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with Ellucian CRM Advance
- Knowledge of American University's College of Arts and Sciences programs, professors, and alumni/-ae
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Periodic night and weekend work
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent upon successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options.
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.