Assist the Director of Internal Audit in providing an independent, objective resource to University Trustees, state agencies, and University administrators, faculty, and staff in assessing and managing risk, designing and monitoring control activities for improving the University's operations and ensuring compliance with both internal policies established by administrators and staff, as well as external policies established by state and federal statutes to ensure the proper use of public tax funds, student tuition revenues, and donations. Provide both traditional audits and non-traditional services, working under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment. More information about the Internal Audit department is available at https://internalaudit.dixie.edu/ .
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit in standard audit
- Determining the nature and scope of audits.
- Developing risk-based audit programs.
- Collecting and analyzing audit evidence and preparing associated audit work papers.
- Documenting processes and procedures.
- Developing recommendations about improving processes and procedures.
- Performing special reviews and investigations.
- Providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff.
- Conduct interviews with all levels of campus administration, faculty, and staff; develop and administer campus surveys as needed.
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Assist in communicating the scope and results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Trustees.
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating significant risk areas of the university and provide input in the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association membership; share information gained with co-workers.
- Represent the Internal Audit Department on ad-hoc organizational project teams, university committees, and at management meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Information Systems required; Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or Business Administration preferred.
- Two years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or business finance required; professional certification as CFE, CISA and/or CIA preferred.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards,Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and theCode of Ethicsdeveloped by the Institute of Internal Auditors required; knowledge of higher education program policies, procedures, regulations and laws preferred.
- Ability to conduct quality control reviews of audit work products; familiarity or experience with documenting and/or testing internal controls preferred.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices, as well as data analytical and visualization tools such as IDEA, ACL, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to collect and analyze complex data, evaluate information and systems, and draw logical conclusions.
- Good planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems.
- Good computers skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, to analyze data and prepare reports, memos, summaries and other analyses.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, agency staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in both individual project settings and in a professional team environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $57,000 - $60,000, depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of June 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins April 20 , 2021 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George