Middlesex College Foundation Staff Accountant
- SALARY: $30.00/hour
OPENING DATE: 3/30/2021
CLOSING DATE: 4/13/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Middlesex College Foundation
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Middlesex College Foundation
The Middlesex College Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, provides financial resources to Middlesex College in support of a wide range of scholarships and programs. The Staff Accountant is a key member of a small team and is responsible for maintaining complex accounts, including investments and fundraising.
1. Maintains the Foundation’s financial records regarding all funds in the general ledger.
2. Prepares quarterly financial statements.
3. Maintains accounting of the Foundation’s endowment investments; reconciles investment accounts.
4. Maintains scholarship and grant worksheets.
5. Prepares annual financial information for external auditors; assists in preparation of IRS Form 990.
6. Reconciles scholarship and grant awards with the College’s Finance department.
7. Manages the Foundation’s day-to-day business affairs, including Federal and State reporting.
8. Prepares internal reports and attends Foundation Board Committees.
9. Assists with fundraising and stewardship events.
10. Prepares journal entries, analysis, account reconciliations, and monthly close processes.
11. Develops the annual operating budget and spending rate calculations.
12. Works with the accounting consultant on accounting processes and practices.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
• Three years of experience in QuickBooks accounting software
• Three years of experience using Excel and developing formulas, functions and tables
• Experience with Raisers Edge fundraising software
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience at a non-profit organization
• Experience in endowment accounting
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
SCHEDULE: Flexible between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm on Monday through Friday, up to 20 hours per week
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison