Pediatric Neonatologist - 133
West Virginia University is seeking a BE/BC Neonatologist Assistant Professor for its School of Medicine Eastern Division in Martinsburg, WV – in the eastern panhandle of the state. Position is primarily clinic and job duties include: providing clinical care and teaching medical students. Opportunity to work at main Level IV NICU in Morgantown WV. Participation in quality collaborative with VONs and WV Perinatal Partnership with great opportunity for community health care and epidemiology research. Opportunity to conduct clinical research along with our Level IV NICU colleagues in Morgantown, WV. Scholarly activities are highly encouraged. The ideal candidate will be a neonatologist who will be active in our commitment to clinical excellence, quality improvement, medical education and community engagement.
Applicants must have an MD or DO degree or equivalent and successfully completed a ACGME certified resident program in Pediatrics with a completed fellowship in neonatology. WV Medical license and DEA registration. Candidate should be BC/BE in pediatrics. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
• 12-bed AAP Level III community NICU caring for infants as early as 28 weeks GA with an ADC of 6 to 8 and approximately 200 admissions per year.
• Join as a second neonatologist at BMC NICU, and as one of 13 WVU Medicine Children’s Neonatologists.
• The unit is a sister unit of level IV NICU WVU Medicine Children hospital in Morgantown, WV.
• Pre-affiliation with Department of Pediatrics, WVU SOM in Morgantown, WV. State of the art telemedicine support from all pediatric subspecialties available.
• Unique schedule provides a healthy work-life balance; one week on one week off 8 am to 4 pm working schedule with flexibility to be 2 weeks on two weeks off. NNP in house for full 24/7 coverage, and pediatric hospitalist service covering for normal newborn nursery.
• Neonatal transport to support critical care access hospital nearby. Most of neonatal transferring to level IV NICU is done by WVU Children’s hospital transport team.
Position is primarily based at Berkeley Medical Center (BMC) in Martinsburg, WV but may include Jefferson Medical Center (JMC) in Ranson, WV. BMC is a 195 -bed facility is the referral center for the economically thriving region providing care for almost 200,000 people in the Eastern Panhandle of WV. It is the main teaching hospital for WVU School of Medicine Eastern Division. The birthing center at BMC and nearby JMC have combined delivery rate of 1,300 per year. The medical center and SOM Eastern Division are located in historic Martinsburg, the west suburb of DC metro area, about an hour from Washington, DC downtown, Northern VA, and Baltimore. Great opportunity to enjoy all cultures in the capital metro area while getting benefit from lower tax and housing price from living and working in the State of WV. The city is less than an hour drive from Dulles International Airport (IAD), and about 1.5 hour from DCA and BWI.
Academic rank will be commensurate with experience. The position will remain open until filled. WVU offers a high competitive and comprehensive recruitment package, which includes occurrence based malpractice.
Interested Candidates should send CV or apply online to:
Tina R. Stover, MS, FASPR
System Director of Physician Recruitment
2500 Hospital Drive
Martinsburg, WV 25401
WVU is an AA/EO employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.