The Operations Coordinator will work in a team as well as independently to perform a wide range of administrative projects and assignments, liaise with students, faculty, staff, and external constituencies, providing support on day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative issues. The role interprets applicable CSU/SJSU policies, process and procedure guidelines and applies sound judgment to address general problems, propose solutions, and implement adopted actions.
The College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) offers a comprehensive portfolio of professional and continuing education programs to serve the local, regional, and global workforce needs. Among the California State University system, CPGE is a leading provider of professional degree and certificate programs with over 40 programs across multiple disciplines. The Operations Coordinator provides pivotal administrative support to optimize all operational aspects of the programs and courses offered through CPGE.
- Creates and maintains programs and course schedules for Special Session, Intersession, Early Start, non-credit, etc.
- Schedules all information related to course offerings, e.g., fees, instructors, class locations in relevant database and channels.
- Runs program reports on enrollment and class/course details to ensure accuracy of course schedules.
- Liaises with academic departments (e.g., faculty, staff, and administration) and student services (e.g., registrars, bursars, and financial aid) to ensure consistent communication and the effective delivery of programs and courses.
- Liaises with students, faculty, and relevant departments on routine programmatic, operational, and administrative issues.
- Communicates policy and procedural changes to relevant constituents (e.g., students, faculty, departmental staff, etc.).
- Conduct technical and/or beta testing and set-up of systems to ensure alignment with established policies and procedures.
- Identify operational and transactional issues of students, staff and faculty for which guidelines or precedents do not exist.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and the ability to quickly learn the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and the ability to quickly learn database(s) to access information, run, and develop reports for data-driven decision making.
- Broad and deep knowledge and demonstrated skills in using databases, such as student database systems (e.g., PeopleSoft).
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and trends related to programs.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze data, and make recommendations requiring some inference.
- Strong project management skills: must have the knowledge and skill-set related to identifying and documenting project tasks, requirements, deliverables, and timelines; perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment and handle multiple work priorities, organize, and plan projects.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively communicate with various stakeholders and represent the College and the University to all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic community and stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to delivering training and materials for stakeholders.
- Ability to easily navigate online social networking tools: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc.
- Ability to work well within a diverse multicultural environment at SJSU offices.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Master's degree
- Experience with student information systems, particularly PeopleSoft
- Experience working in higher education
- 2 years’ experience in operational administration work
- Experience communicating/interacting with a variety of stakeholders using excellent written and oral communication skills (as evidence on their application)
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non-Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,120/month - $4,700/month
Hiring Range: $3,288/month - $6,347/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: April 5, 2021 through April 19, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: April 05, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose