100%, 10 month position (August-May)
Student Affairs Division
Description of College / Department / Program / Division / Unit
The Division of Student Affairs’ role is to enhance and support students learning experience here at UWL . We work closely with faculty, staff, community members, alumni and most importantly, students to provide quality programs and services which promote learning, leadership, involvement, service and the celebration of diversity. The Division includes a number of departments: Campus Child Center, Counseling and Testing, Student Health Center, Intercollegiate Athletics, Recreational Sports, Residence Life, Student Life, University Centers, and the Vice Chancellor & Dean of Students office. The staff of the Division is truly student-centered and concerned about the holistic development of the student.
This position’s primary role is to serve as an athletic trainer for the Athletic Training Services in the Athletics Department. This position reports to the Director of Athletic Training Services. Responsibilities include but are not limited to daily care of athletic team(s) within their traditional/non-traditional seasons and out-of-season, including morning rehabilitation clinic. Coordination with the coaches and Sports Performance Center when working with injured athletes, maintenance of athletic training center, and potential other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletic Training Services. The Athletic Trainer will be expected to work collaboratively with the UW-La Crosse team physician and other professionals within and outside their department. Other responsibilities include maintaining an appropriate learning and professional environment in the athletic training center, serve as a preceptor for the Athletic Training Education Program.
• Bachelors degree.
• BOC certified and eligible for Wisconsin Licensure as an Athletic Trainer.
• CPR / AED certification for the professional rescuer.
• Driver’s License.
• Masters degree.
• 3+ years of experience working as a certified athletic trainer.
• Experience providing athletic training services to collegiate or professional teams.
• Previous experience serving as a preceptor for an Athletic Training Education Program
• Understanding of, and commitment to, the NCAA Division III ideal.
• Ancillary credentials including but not limited to: CSCS, PES, CES, ART, Graston, CKTP, ITAT, FMS, etc.
• Interest in research activities.
• Ability to be on feet and active through treatment hours and practice times.
• Able to lift significant range of loads (25-75 lbs).
Working conditions and environment
• Evening & weekend hours required.
• Travel for team competition activities is possible.
• Exposure to inclement weather conditions.
• Promote a departmental culture devoted to the care and success of the student-athletes as well as the academic achievement and personal growth of staff and athletic training students.
• Adhere to rules of the NCAA, WIAC, NCGA, and the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.
• Adhere to all Athletic Training policies and procedures.
These are the job duties required for the position.
Athletic Training Services
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Prevent, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate sports-related injuries.
• Provide athletic training services daily to athletic team(s) within their traditional and/or non-traditional season.
• Provide rehabilitation services to student-athletes from a variety of sports including post-op rehab and long-term injury care.
• UW-La Crosse hosted event coverage; including some nights and weekends and the potential of travel. Including WIAC, NCGA, and NCAA Championships.
• Collaborate with the Clinical Education Coordinator and Program Director of the accredited Athletic Training Program as it relates to athletic training student experience as they relate to intercollegiate athletics.
• Supervise, instruct and evaluate undergraduate/graduate athletic training students.
Percentage Of Time
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Contribute to the development, following, and enforcing policies and procedures governing of Athletic Training Services to provide an appropriate working and learning environment.
• Assist/lead the completion of annual administrative tasks including but not limited to: pre-participation paperwork, baseline concussion testing, movement screening, etc.
• Participate in staff meetings and in-services including attendance and lead BOC approved presentations.
• Attend and participate in all relative Athletic Department meetings, events, etc.
• Maintain documentation through electronic medical record and as deemed necessary by Director of Athletic Training Services.
• Serve on departmental, divisional or campus committees as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Percentage Of Time
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the application process.
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if hired.
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the US.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse