Program Coordinator - Student Records
Columbia Basin College ("CBC" or the "College") seeks a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination and work related to student admissions, onboarding, transcripts and registration processes. The Program Coordinator will provide in-depth customer service to students, staff and the public. This position will collaborate with other Student Records staff and departments to ensure efficient and timely processes are developed and implemented. The Program Coordinator reports to the Director for Enrollment Services.
This position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by April 15, 2021 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Assist with the coordination of all work related to student admissions, onboarding, transcripts and registration processes and procedures;
- Collaborate with the web ambassadors to update and maintain Students Records' webpages;
- Process web and paper admission applications into the Student Management System (SMS);
- Process paperwork pertaining to admissions, registration and other Student Records related procedures using SMS;
- Provide high-level customer service and problem-solving assistance to students, staff and the public regarding admissions, registration, returning student reactivation, transcript requests, transfer-in processes and other Student Records related inquiries; respond to emails, answer phone calls and meet with students listed on the Student Records drop-in queue;
- Monitor Student Records' processes and procedures in relation to established goals and recommend changes and training needed within Student Records and other departments to enhance efficiency and services;
- Coordinate the transcript ordering process and fulfill all outgoing transcript requests;
- Assist, as needed, with the review and evaluation of educational credentials for students enrolling at CBC and inform students of educational credential evaluation results;
- Attend meetings and conferences as a Student Records representative and make presentations on behalf of the department;
- Assist with the processing of requisitions, P-Card purchases and other budget related tasks;
- Serve as a backup telephone operator; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent education from an institutionally accredited college or university ;
- Clerical/secretarial work experience in a professional setting; and
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an institutionally accredited college or university;
- Two (2) years of experience working in higher education; and
- Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
Skills & Abilities
Analytical Skills : Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures;
Attendance/Punctuality : Is consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments on time;
Computer Skills : Intermediate to advanced computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; operate personal computer with general understanding of application software; ability to learn office and College-specific software;
Customer Service Skills : Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments;
Interpersonal Skills : Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas and try new things;
Oral Communication : Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings;
Problem Solving Skills : Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
Professionalism : Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments;
Quality : Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality;
Written Communication : Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a twelve-month (12) month, full-time, overtime eligible, represented, classified staff position. The typical work hours for this position are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; however, must be available to work a flexible schedule when prior notice is given by the College. This position is available immediately.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
**Please note that selected interview candidates will be subject to supplemental testing that will measure skills and abilities related to this position (e.g., Communication, Problem Solving, MS Office Simulation [Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word], Customer Service, etc.).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of Columbia Basin College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
OTHER JOB ELEMENTS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met and may be encountered by an incumbent when performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility including having the ability to move materials on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc. and travel between buildings on campus. Manual dexterity and coordination are required to operate equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work area is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA). Internal promotional, transfer and voluntary demotion applicants who have skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position will be considered prior to consideration of other applicants.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco