Assistant Director, Application Development
University Code 24256 University Title Senior Information Technology Developer/Programmer 3 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Assistant Director, Application Development Position Number 556110 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU’s generous benefits include: Telework and flex-work options, Paid Annual and Holiday Leave, Competitive Health Benefits, Professional Development & Certifications, Virginia Retirement System ( VRS ), Tuition Waiver up to 2 classes per semester, Parental Leave, Caregiving Leave, Community Service Leave.
The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Application Services (AS) on the School of Medicine Technology Services (SOMTech) team.
This lead position manages 6 direct reports with senior and mid-level developers, architecting solutions for the business intelligence, financial, and educational/academic needs for the School of Medicine, MCV Physicians, and the VCU Health Science campus.
This lead software engineering position will create and lead 1) the technical design and development of all custom, homegrown School of Medicine ( SOM ) application software solutions in addition to 2) ensuring seamless data-integration with commercial solutions.
• Lead all software development and engineering initiatives across a Microsoft technology stack.
• Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle.
• Mentor and train colleagues on architectural concepts and infrastructure, delivery frameworks and advanced approaches.
• Review coding, testing, and documentation of all application software and projects and ensure consistent practices with the developer team to ensure alignment with industry best practices.
• Quickly analyze complex technical environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analyses.
• Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● Bachelor’s degree.
● 10 years of experience in software engineering and application development.
● Expert knowledge of design patterns and DevOps practices.
● Expert knowledge of Azure DevOps.
● Proven presentation and communication (written and oral) skills; able to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience of faculty, staff, students, leaders and other stakeholders.
● Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $90,000 - $120,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/05/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104808 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application