Senior Applications & Data Analyst
University Code 24255 University Title Senior Information Technology Developer/Programmer 2 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Senior Applications & Data Analyst Position Number 570120 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU’s generous benefits include: Telework and flex-work options, Paid Annual and Holiday Leave, Competitive Health Benefits, Professional Development & Certifications, Virginia Retirement System ( VRS ), Tuition Waiver up to 2 classes per semester, Parental Leave, Caregiving Leave, Community Service Leave.
This senior software engineering position reports to the Assistant Director of Application Development on the School of Medicine Technology Services (SOMTech) team.
Will help support 1) the technical design and development of all custom, homegrown School of Medicine ( SOM ) application software solutions in addition to 2) ensuring seamless data-integration with commercial solutions.
This includes a broad portfolio of administrative, business intelligence, financial and educational systems for the School of Medicine, MCV Physicians, and the VCU Health Science campus.
• Execute multiple software development projects across a Microsoft technology stack.
• Apply modern application development principles, methodologies and standardized tools.
• Quickly analyze complex technical environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analyses with resolution proposals.
• Consult with users to identify and analyze application/system purpose, business and logic processes, workflows, output needs and to determine overall system requirements and specifications.
• Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections. Monitor performance of programs after implementation.
Minimum Hiring Standards
● 5 years of experience in software engineering and application development.
● Experience with design patterns and Azure DevOps practices.
● Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques.
● Willingness and ability to quickly expand technical skills, capabilities, and understanding and apply to solution development.
● Ability to work in diverse environment required.
Preferred Hiring Standards Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $90,000 - $100,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 04/05/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104811 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application