BROADBAND: SFA Customer Service Rep 1, Customer Service Rep. 2, or Customer Service Rep. 3 -
BROADBAND: POSITION Customer Service Rep. 1, Customer Service Rep. 2 or Customer Service Rep. 3; will depend of years of prior experience in college level customer service.
Receives and responds to the more difficult customer inquiries and complaints in person, by telephone and/or email. Investigates and researches complaints and participates in negotiating solutions. Conducts proactive customer services activities, and may conduct periodic surveys to assess the effectiveness of the program for the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
- Handles complex questions and issues, provides general information, verifies information, and refers customers to applicable office or department for further assistance.
- May provide guidance to lower level customer service representatives; including coordinating entries in call center tracking database, ensuring vendor notification and resolution of issues. Assists in training and supporting the efforts of student-employees in the Contact Center.
- Accepts and processes requests for official university information or documents; provides instructions on how to obtain university information or documents. Assists with student fund disbursement and completion of departmental reports.
- Investigates complaints from customers and participates in negotiating solutions.
- Conducts proactive customer service activities inside and outside the department. Provide assistance to the Federal Processing functional area by reviewing submitted verification documents for completeness prior to processing.
- May be involved in the release of information to, other universities or external agencies.
- May conduct periodic customer satisfaction surveys, prepare reports, and other departmental projects.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires the examination and basic analysis of information that is not readily available, some of which is highly technical or specialized, to arrive at solutions or recommendations and/or take appropriate action. Addresses escalated student issues as they are presented.
Notes to Applicant: The individual in this position will serve as a member of the Contact Center Team for the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for the University of Houston, communicating with students regarding their financial aid status via phone and/or email. The position requires a self-starter who can learn quickly and work independently to solve problems, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing excellent customer service. The level of this position, CSR 2 or 3, will be determined by the selected candidate's level of experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston